House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

John Redwood & I Are Confused!

John Redwood & I are confused!

Why Oh Why is the government in a mad panic?

Every change they got they screamed how they intend to sack ALL of Whitehall!

As John points out the civil service turns over 300 K jobs every year, thus a freeze on recruitment will sort the problem. Yet the government is picking a fight over redundancy pay that is not required?

Even if they do go down this path the unions will drag them to the high court, law lords & European court……..which is stuffed FULL of lefties thus they win any ruling. It would delay the process years….

What is going on?

Why at even chance are the government screaming their lugs out…..could it be that they found a “Surprise” left by Gordon…..that ticking…& about to blow?

mike

As John points out the civil service turns over 300 K jobs every year, thus a freeze on recruitment will sort the problem. Yet the government is picking a fight over redundancy pay that is not required?

How many of those are internal transfers/moves? If you can't recruit to job A, then the person in job B won't move to it, and that 300K collapses. And needs will always be changing, meaning jobs being both created and destroyed.

John Redwood & I are confused!

Why Oh Why is the government in a mad panic?

Every change they got they screamed how they intend to sack ALL of Whitehall!

Because when there are no jobs to move to your staff turnover falls. It might have been 300,000 two years ago, it wont be that in 2010.

tim

Because when there are no jobs to move to your staff turnover falls. It might have been 300,000 two years ago, it wont be that in 2010.

tim

Mickey the Martian has been confused for years,particularly by Welsh songs.

Guest anorthosite

As someone who works in recruitment for the public sector, I can safely say that a lot of the necessary & crap jobs have a high turnover of staff, but the non-jobs are full of people who are comfortable in their cushy number and going nowhere without a fight. Its them you need to get rid of.

As someone who works in recruitment for the public sector, I can safely say that a lot of the necessary & crap jobs have a high turnover of staff, but the non-jobs are full of people who are comfortable in their cushy number and going nowhere without a fight. Its them you need to get rid of.

That makes sense to me - and the capable, competent public sector workers will move onwards and upwards in time (either in the public or private sectors) while many useless employees will have far fewer options and will stay put.

Guest happy?

John Redwood & I are confused...

In the case of Redwood I've often thought this but been far too polite to say anything. In your case I think two things should assist: more roughage in your diet, and regularly polishing shoes - shiny shoes always speak well of you.

Redwood, regrettably is beyond redemption.