House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Education Cuts Painful, Balls Hacked-Off

"Ed Balls, the shadow education secretary, said that Mr Gove had delivered a “shameful statement,” and claimed that the axing of the scheme was "a tragedy" for pupils, teachers and parents who would have benefited from new facilities. " - Telegraph

Saw some of the debate on telly.

Gove was told off by the Speaker. No love lost there, I think. Told Gove to answer the questions and not read from a script.

Gove is a prissed up little twirp, makes Ed Balls almost ( almost) human.

When you see the state of some schools you wonder how we could let our kids go to them.

They are the taxpayers of the future so we should be investing in them.

Guest theboltonfury

If it had been said by just about anyone other than Ed Balls it might be worth taking notice of.

Anyway, funny to see Bercow give lectures about not answering questions. Anyone see his post re-election interview? Odious little turd.

Saw some of the debate on telly.

Gove was told off by the Speaker. No love lost there, I think. Told Gove to answer the questions and not read from a script.

Gove is a prissed up little twirp, makes Ed Balls almost ( almost) human.

When you see the state of some schools you wonder how we could let our kids go to them.

They are the taxpayers of the future so we should be investing in them.

pray tell - how do you forcibly invest someone's future earnings in them without them knowing? oh - do it when they're 4...

"Ed Balls, the shadow education secretary, said that Mr Gove had delivered a “shameful statement,” and claimed that the axing of the scheme was "a tragedy" for pupils, teachers and parents who would have benefited from new facilities. " - Telegraph

And how exactly was Balls going to pay for said facilities? We are going to be paying for decades for the ill-judged money burning of Balls et al; in my view he is a credibility vacuum and it makes me unspeakably angry that me, my children and many like us will have to pay for his profligate stupidity.

And how exactly was Balls going to pay for said facilities?  We are going to be paying for decades for the ill-judged money burning of Balls et al; in my view he is a credibility vacuum and it makes me unspeakably angry that me, my children and many like us will have to pay for his profligate stupidity.

with a PFI/Loan silly ;p

Guest happy?

And how exactly was Balls going to pay for said facilities? We are going to be paying for decades for the ill-judged money burning of Balls et al; in my view he is a credibility vacuum and it makes me unspeakably angry that me, my children and many like us will have to pay for his profligate stupidity.

Indeed, manufacturing consent in action. Repeat ad naseum that the economy can only be saved by cuts and you give a free licence to chop away - despite the fact it doesn't work.

Interesting to note that Gove has chopped the schemes to state schools but independent academies will be reviewed on a 'case by case' basis.

Care to explain why publicly-funded state schools are unaffordable whilst publicly-funded private schools aren't?

Indeed, manufacturing consent in action. Repeat ad naseum that the economy can only be saved by cuts and you give a free licence to chop away - despite the fact it doesn't work.

Interesting to note that Gove has chopped the schemes to state schools but independent academies will be reviewed on a 'case by case' basis.

Care to explain why publicly-funded state schools are unaffordable whilst publicly-funded private schools aren't?

Why doesn't it work?

Oh, and hang on, weren't academies a Labour(new) idea?

I've got a small confession to make ....

The OP copy was a mere fig leaf for a headline I dreamt up and just couldn't resist sharing. Does that make me shallow? B)

No - indeed I too should like to hear the explanation. I don't think we can afford more profligacy, full stop. I certainly don't advocate selective spending on one's mates' schools.

TBF Gove has credibility issues too.

Guest absolutezero

Why doesn't it work?

Oh, and hang on, weren't academies a Labour(new) idea?

That's the "you have a point but if I distract people away from your point they'll gloss over it" gambit.

I've got a small confession to make ....

The OP copy was a mere fig leaf for a headline I dreamt up and just couldn't resist sharing. Does that make me shallow? cool.gif

It was a headline that, once dreamt up, needed using. But it seems only you and me got it. :-)

It was a headline that, once dreamt up, needed using. But it seems only you and me got it. :-)

There was a Balls in my year at school. We only made fun of his name 5 or 6 times a day.

There was a Balls in my year at school. We only made fun of his name 5 or 6 times a day.

... which no doubt explains why a chap should grow up so maladjusted as to get hacked off ...

It's not Ed's fault, it's his name. Poor bugger! :o

:lol::lol:

... kids, ... so cruel.... :D

Guest absolutezero

No it isn't. He asked why it doesn't work.

Before using the gambit, yes.

At present, it seems as if the coalition government is making a better fist of government than the Labour party is making of being Her Majesty's Opposition.

I suppose that losing an election is a bit of a body-blow (even if expected), and winning an election is a fillip. In addition, maybe the Labour party won't be able to settle down until their leadership is properly established later this year.

At the moment, though, they do seem only to be throwing turds around the monkey house; it's all yah-boo from their side just now, and I'm looking forward to them being able to play their proper democratic role! :)

Guest absolutezero

No AZ, it was a simple question - why doesn't it work

You'd think I was a VI in the education system <_< labour saddled us with

No. It was a question followed by misdirection.

Guest absolutezero

Okay let's try again

Why won't it work?

I'm not interested in that particular debate. I choose my threads carefully and post in ones that interest me.

I was highlighting the misdirection.

I'm not interested in that particular debate. I choose my threads carefully and post in ones that interest me.

I was highlighting the misdirection.

Fvck off then