House Price Crash Forum
Meat Loaf

Halifax Hpi - Predictions

I understand from my contacts that this will show a fall.

I will go for -0.5%.......let the falls begin :P

The forecast is 0.6%! how they came to this seeing as nationwide was but 0.1% I have no idea.

My prediction is -0.8%

Is there a prize for closest?

Prefer land reg figures myself but what the hell, I'll take a punt at -0.2 (the REAL falls won't start til autumn.

I'll go in for -0.3%. I'm also going to take a slightly riskier position that the coming months are all going to be negative.

+0.3%

If it is negative expect it to appear 15 stories down on the business page of BBC and will be mentioned for 3 seconds on BBC Breakfast. Daily Express will spin it and report the annual % rise claiming "House Prices still higher than last year".

Every VI will be prepared to tackle this should it be negative. The sheeple will not be disturbed.

I understand from my contacts that this will show a fall.

I will go for -0.5%.......let the falls begin :P

+10% because house prices only go up :ph34r:

Only joking :)

maybe +0.1 or 0.0 or -0.1, basically hovering around zero

All my market information, and racing tips come from a talking horse called Gerald that only I can see, after a few pints! :blink:

I truly don't care.

I might be tempted to think about buying at real prices about 35% below where we are to-day. There are no prices above where we are to-day that will tempt me to buy.

In most cases, the journey is at least as important as the destination. House prices are the exception.

From what I've seen around here I'll go with down, but probably just a tiny bit as I expect London is still in its own little world.