House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Global Economy Going Forward

Trying to gauge numbers. I think the extreme economic disaster people are a vocal minority, but I could be wrong, so I was just trying to see where the weight of opinion lies.

Inevitably the first reply will be moaning about the poll options; I might as well just post it myself.

I have house prices in as well as these seem to be dropping off the board. To be very clear these are real terms sterling prices I'm asking about, if there's big inflation then smaller nominal rises will still mean cheaper houses.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Where is the deflation option ffs?

Exactly, you did the poll!

Anyone who does not vote for a real price drop of 50% or more is in dreamland so it makes your house price poll pretty irrelevant. The nominal figure is the one most people are interested in and that is obviously open to huge debate.

Where is the deflation option ffs?

where is the feck all oil left option, so you wont be able to grow the economy?

Looks like Saudi Arabia are trying to politely say they dont have a lot of oil left and what is left will be for the kids or they are toast with 30 million of them living in an unforgiving Desert

All this growth myth, paying of the debt is a pointless exercise

Anyone who does not vote for a real price drop of 50% or more is in dreamland so it makes your house price poll pretty irrelevant.

Long term average house price about 3.5x wages, currently what 5x? Doesn't make a 50% real fall a given.

- Well, we're already 10% down from the '07 peak and I expect an undershoot of 3 times income so going for another 35% fall.

- This is, as we all know, not a 'normal' recession like 73-75 or 90-92 but rather a deflationary one that will drag on for years.

- One way the West can get out of this is paradoxically by a war that results in oil shortages to stoke a bit of inflation (and take the sheeple's mind of what a G_D awful mess the Western economies are in. On that front, don't be surprised to hear that Iran has been strategically bombed within 6 months, by Israel or the US.

Exactly, you did the poll!

Anyone who does not vote for a real price drop of 50% or more is in dreamland so it makes your house price poll pretty irrelevant. The nominal figure is the one most people are interested in and that is obviously open to huge debate.

I however think that is an extreme view, possible - and I hope you're right - but unlikely. Hence the poll.