House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Good Deed For The Day

Helluva racket outside from the duck (wild one, just uses my ponds). Went out to see what it was and one of the ducklings was over next door. It can't have got over by itself and my neighbour said he'd seen a cat shoot out of the bushes when he went to investigate. Anyway I climbed over and between us managed to get it, I suffered a nasty cut to my head off one of his bushes whilst doing it.

Then I climbed back over and he passed the duckling to me which I, as quickly as possible, put on the ground. Not quickly enough for the mother duck who flew at me by way of thanks. Makes a change from being bombed by seagulls I suppose.

Not on a par with TBF's story involving a sheep, but it has just happened and my head is still bleeding.

Helluva racket outside from the duck (wild one, just uses my ponds). Went out to see what it was and one of the ducklings was over next door. It can't have got over by itself and my neighbour said he'd seen a cat shoot out of the bushes when he went to investigate. Anyway I climbed over and between us managed to get it, I suffered a nasty cut to my head off one of his bushes whilst doing it.

Then I climbed back over and he passed the duckling to me which I, as quickly as possible, put on the ground. Not quickly enough for the mother duck who flew at me by way of thanks. Makes a change from being bombed by seagulls I suppose.

Not on a par with TBF's story involving a sheep, but it has just happened and my head is still bleeding.

Well done Frank. You are a true knight of the road.

Guest X-QUORK

Nice one Frank. I can see a possible movie deal coming from this..."Hovis' List" anyone?

Ta muchly, they've already survived a day longer than the previous brood (and last year's two) so maybe she's learning.

Phone call from elderly neighbour with back problem. I have spare keys of hers.

Let myself in. Calmed the panic. Doctor phoned.

Later: Let doctor into neighbours house.

Later: Given prescription by doctor. Collected same. Delivered to old lady. Made cup of tea for her.

Said ring if you need anything else.

5.30. Giving lift home to ancient Oxfam volunteer without transport.

Guest happy?

Phone call from elderly neighbour with back problem. I have spare keys of hers.

Let myself in. Calmed the panic. Doctor phoned.

Later: Let doctor into neighbours house.

Later: Given prescription by doctor. Collected same. Delivered to old lady. Made cup of tea for her.

Said ring if you need anything else.

5.30. Giving lift home to ancient Oxfam volunteer without transport.

So many good deeds by so many people - charity is about giving of one's self.

Well done.

Guest anorthosite

My imagination's in overdrive :o

Guest theboltonfury

My imagination's in overdrive :o

Please let's not discuss it. The mrs really wasn't happy, the neighbours still won't speak to me and I'm banned from farmland until 2019. I thought it was allowed....

I have a better opinion of Richard Nixon now! :blink:

Guest happy?

YES! The Conservative's Big Society swings into action.

Aye. Saving ducks - now I understand it.

Do you want to tell Dave or should I?

The Big Society is no longer a vacuous phrase it now has an ideological basis.

From Duck Houses to Duck Saving in one-fell swoop.

Bet the RSPB are sh1tting themselves at the thought of the new Tory hegemony.

Oi You get orrf my land.

Guest anorthosite

How many days to I have to do a good deed for until I'm in credit to donkey punch Bambi?