House Price Crash Forum

Freaky Happening

HOLA441

Do you remember the old ring-pulls on drink cans? You used to be able to take them apart and use the bit that joined the can to flick the ring part quite a long way. Someone did this half way down the school bus at me (who was sat on the back seat with the cool kids) as the ring appraoched my face, i closed my eye and caught it using my eyebrow/upper cheek in a sort of exaggerated wink style.

Needless to say, this act cemented my rights to the back seat.

With the killer edge being that you react as though it was an everyday occurrence.

HOLA442

a bit of a tangent, but speaking of luck and strange happenings, i bought an old battered leather wallet at a boot sale yesterday for 50p only to find a tightly-folded elgar £20 note in one of the pockets. then later while demonstrating what happened to the wife, found another elgar 20 in one of the other pockets! i'm starting to think it's a magic wallet.

HOLA443

Not quite as cool as this, in fact totally opposite - a girl asked me for a light in my local a few years ago. I grabbed my matches and struck one towards her. a flaming ball of sulphur detached from the match and landed on her booby.

Did you get to sleep with her?

HOLA444

Melchett is lying.

I have just placed a bowl 6ft away from a fresh tub of Dairy Vanilla.

Each one of my spoonfuls has landed nowhere near the bowl. All I now have to show for myself is 3 bent spoons, and a shit load of melting icecream all over my terracotta kitchen tiles.

Thanks.

I think you're funnier with that new avatar.

HOLA445

a bit of a tangent, but speaking of luck and strange happenings, i bought an old battered leather wallet at a boot sale yesterday for 50p only to find a tightly-folded elgar £20 note in one of the pockets. then later while demonstrating what happened to the wife, found another elgar 20 in one of the other pockets! i'm starting to think it's a magic wallet.

Or the person did a lot of gear. Lick the wallet and you may feel rather skittish for half an hour.

HOLA446

Yes indeed! A middle paragraph would do nothing more than artificially link two unrelated events, in the reader's mind!

The relationship is in your head! David Hume was a Scottish Philosopher!

Of course there is no relationship....but we are talking about freaky low probability events, along the lines of ice cream flying into bowls.

I give up! I thought this was meant to be a light hearted thread? The OP was suggesting he should buy a lottery ticket based on on a unconnected lucky low probability event occurring.

Archived