House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oliver Sutton

6 Music Saved.

Guest theboltonfury

Thank ****** for that.

Have it on nearly all day.

So they'll cull another station, and then all of a sudden people will say they've always liked that one too!

Guest X-QUORK

Only a temporary reprieve pending another bloody review by the looks of it. Still, better than nowt.

Guest theboltonfury

Only a temporary reprieve pending another bloody review by the looks of it. Still, better than nowt.

Before they announced they were scrapping it, I don't ever recall anyone saying that they listened to it or even ever talk about it.

Then, all of a sudden, it was everyone's favourite station....

Before they announced they were scrapping it, I don't ever recall anyone saying that they listened to it or even ever talk about it.

You, or none of your friends listened to it.

Must be scrapped then.

Guest theboltonfury

Must be scrapped then.

Silly, silly argument.

Neither myself, nor any of my friends have ever been curling. Does that mean I want that scrapped too? I don't care if they scrap it or not, I've got an Ipod with 10000 songs on it.

Must be scrapped then.

Depends. I believe it's one of Beeb's channels. In that case, it's irrelevant whether theboltonfury listens to it or not - he pays for it through his TV license, so he has as much of a say in its future as you... ;)

Silly, silly argument.

Neither myself, nor any of my friends have ever been curling. Does that mean I want that scrapped too? I don't care if they scrap it or not, I've got an Ipod with 10000 songs on it.

Seems to be your argument, not mine.

Guest theboltonfury

Seems to be your argument, not mine.

errr. No. Read what you wrote again.

Here's one for you.

6 MUSIC TO CONTINUE DOING WHATEVER IT SUPPOSEDLY DOES

The ruling was delayed after the Corporation's team of in-house philosophers pondered the question - if a radio station that nobody ever listened to is left in the middle of a forest with no-one around, did it ever exist in the first place?

A lot less noise being made about the Asian Network.

I just went and listened to 15 minutes of Asian Network.

'What do you wear in bed? Who goes to bed in a sari? Oh my god! That would be well weird.'

'What do you wear when you go back to Pakistan?'

'Do you wear English pyjamas?'

.... and other such scintillating DJ chat.

Based on what I just heard it's utter rubbish as well as being, in my opinion, condescending, stereotyping, mildly racist and socially divisive. It's encouraging to think that a large section of the British Asian community clearly think the same. It also appears to be the only radio station in the UK where you can mimic a strong Indian accent and get away with it.

Guest theboltonfury

What was the point of your post, then?

My point, as you well know, was that it is often that only when something minor closes do all the bandwagon jumpers launch in to gear and proclaim that it was always their favourite.

Guest X-QUORK

My point, as you well know, was that it is often that only when something minor closes do all the bandwagon jumpers launch in to gear and proclaim that it was always their favourite.

I've been looking forward to getting some kind of DAB signal so that I can listen to Six Music on a DAB radio, so in the meantime I have to make do with listening online. I'd imagine listener numbers don't reflect this.

Like "Eldorado". :D

Guest theboltonfury

Like "Eldorado". :D

and Top of the Pops. It's viewing dwindled to f all, yet the clamour when it was laid to rest.............