House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blue Nose Bear

Looks Like A Repo

Looks like someone found out thier house actually belonged to the bank and not them. :rolleyes:

http://www.rightmove...y-26587774.html

Can't believe the price though considering the work required.

I think it is a tad expensive seeing as it needs another £80-100K to finish it. You can get a similar house for £350K,  so doesn't look good value.  I'd say its worth £150k in that state.

Perhaps the Banks should consider Criminal Damage charges against these persons. I know its kicking a man when he is down and all that but this is anti social behaviour of the highest order!!

End of the day it just worsens the Nationalised banks balance sheets when property is marked down due to wanton damage.

I know Verwood, lovely part of the world down there in Dorset...

Perhaps the Banks should consider Criminal Damage charges against these persons. I know its kicking a man when he is down and all that but this is anti social behaviour of the highest order!!

End of the day it just worsens the Nationalised banks balance sheets when property is marked down due to wanton damage.

I know Verwood, lovely part of the world down there in Dorset...

Yes the neighbours must be pleased.

As Mike says I wouldn't think they would get more than 150-180k for it.

I tried to find it on Streetview to establish the house number and see what it sold for but couldn't find it.

I remember viewing a 3 bed detached Repo in Yeovil in around 86/87. Guy had gone through every internal wall with a sledge hammer. Smashed off all the light fittings, pulled through any slack and snipped off the wires. Couldn't even get upstairs because of the damage done to the staircase.

It's this one (google streetview): http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Station+Road,+Verwood&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=8.519629,32.34375&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Station+Rd,+Verwood,+Dorset,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.882758,-1.886516&spn=0.008881,0.031586&z=15&layer=c&cbll=50.882752,-1.886651&panoid=oBpraED9a-VeVEsEvIysEw&cbp=12,356.06,,1,5.11

You can see the name on the pillar if you've got a big screen maybe, mine's tiny.

YOU'LL HAVE TO COPY/PASTE THAT....

The neighbour to its immediate right is Hawthorne House, which has sales registered of: http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=house+Station+Road%2C+Verwood&n=100 (£362k in June 2006)

Fairhaven is the next one to its right and that went for £372k in 2004 http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=fairhaven+Station+Road%2C+Verwood&n=100

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

Thanks for that :)

Looks a pretty poor investment with only 65k between asking and 'possible' resale value.

Will be interesting to see how this one progresses.

Rather than waiting put an offer in for £150k and see what reaction you get.

If its a repo it should be up with two estate agents, so talk to both of them. The estate agent wants their fee and won't be having to ponce around with some unrealistic vendor...............You might get a bite. Good luck.

Can't believe the price though considering the work required.

Work required and still nearly £100k / bedroom! Behave.

*In crocodile dundee accent*

nah, thats not a repo, this is a repo.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30331241.html

£70k now. £150k in 2007.

Looks like an ex HA one. I think every property on that street has been repod. Maybe the HA is in trouble. Look in street view and theres even a nice kiddy riding his quad bike around, and the usual complement of fat slappers sitting in their front gardens drinking cider that can be found in the majority of Nottinghams housing estates on any given working day.

Funny, probably would cost more than £70k to build. Although not much more.

Work required and still nearly £100k / bedroom! Behave.

It has 3 bedrooms in the house plus a 2 bedroom annex.

Actually 5 bedrooms.

edit: although the pile of bricks in the garden (pic 3) is a bit suspicious. maybe that's the annex???

Edited by ingermany

Guest sillybear2

I thought the Germans stopped dropping bombs on us 65 years ago?

How do you prove it though? The former 'owners' could say they left it in sparkling tip top condition at 1pm and at 1:15pm a bunch of chavs must have turned up with pick axes. You could argue the banks failed to adequately secure their collateral.

I wonder if there's any copper piping or wiring left in that place?

"No chain"... no shit!

Edited by sillybear2