House Price Crash Forum

When Is The Vote Of No Confidence Coming?

HOLA441
HOLA442

no surprise really... if it had been labour i could've seen this by christmas.

the coalition, imo, is here to sta for a long long time.

anyone see any inroads otherwise?

more likely they will fail in deficit reduction in order to save coalition - which would still be bad imho

HOLA443
HOLA444

it all depends what the yanks and japs do.

we will do what they do.

if we don't, then that will be the end of the coalition.

In that case it's jumbo Quatitave Easing any minute! The Coalition will only fail if they cannot put a reasonable amount of their Austerity into practice so that there is a sign of hope within 5 years before the election. The Libs KNOW they will get nowhere if there is an early election.

HOLA445
HOLA446

In that case it's jumbo Quatitave Easing any minute! The Coalition will only fail if they cannot put a reasonable amount of their Austerity into practice so that there is a sign of hope within 5 years before the election. The Libs KNOW they will get nowhere if there is an early election.

I disagree if they are all weazels and the "money" doesn't lie then these times need consensus . Two parties are better than

one when bad news needs to be delivered to the people.

If they are the "all" powerful then they won't QE bec its ultimately self defeating, well not to the extent we go hyper.

Even in Injin's scenario i don't think it's hyper.

I'm sure he'll point out the inadequacies of my interpretation of it all. :)

HOLA447

i think they will last till about March 2011

when/if the cuts come watch their popularity plummet even more

It is hard to see where the impetus for economic growth is going to come from. If the stories global slowdown are true, exports will slow. The consumer and the private sector are still de-leveraging. If house price start to slide -this may further impact household consumption (65% of economy). The government decides to delevarage and lower their contribution to the economy. Not sure about the timing? I get the sense the ConLib coalition government is trying to manage the financial markets expectations instead of managing the economy. But the markets are a fickle friend

http://*******.com/33fjfmf

HOLA448
HOLA449

I don't think this new lot will last very long. I think the Tories are hoping for good results in the polls so if an election is called they can win a majority. The lib dems have lost all credibility and the Tories gained more support. Labour on the other hand will almost certainly gain the lib dem vote.

The Tories really want an election before 2011. Any later and people will start to see the reality of what these cuts mean. People will almost certainly go back to labour once the cuts bite. The Tories are rabid and will ruin what's left of Britain.

HOLA4410

The Tories are rabid and will ruin what's left of Britain.

...Nuliebour were / are incompetent simpletons who ripped the guts out of this country....these cheap weasels will not get in for a decade at least due to the revelations which will appear about their destruction of this country....put them all on trial and let's show everybody what responsibility is about ...the outcome will give them their rights ...to enter the Tower of London for life..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4411

...Nuliebour were / are incompetent simpletons who ripped the guts out of this country....these cheap weasels will not get in for a decade at least due to the revelations which will appear about their destruction of this country....put them all on trial and let's show everybody what responsibility is about ...the outcome will give them their rights ...to enter the Tower of London for life..... :rolleyes:

You think, and the last Tory government did what. Any party that plans to cut 40 % is off their heads. You wait if the Tory plans go tits as I expect we really are facing a Greek situation.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The new Labour leader won't be announced until September some time, it wouldn't make sense to call for a vote of no confidence before then.

I'm guessing February

why would they call a vote unless they thought they could win it? it's not about having a leader - it is about having a chance of sufficient defectors from (probably) the lib-dem ranks.

I would be interested to know which possible labour leader left-leaning lib-dems would most likely ally themselves with, this might tell us a lot. I have a funny suspicion it could be Ed Balls. Comes across as a leftie who can talk numbers, I think they like that??

HOLA4414

I think it's very robust. Possible that at some mini-crisis point some Lib-Dem backbench non-entities will defect to Labour or Green.

Most people, having tasted power, find it very agreeable.

Labour is badly wrong-footed by the horrendous and untraditional ideological centre-ground mish-mash - Tories now the party of 'let's lock less people up; for example.