House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

A Bit Of Platypus

This is a video wot I took myself.

Thanks. It's in the Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary just in the Adelaide Hills.

The sound isn't genuine, I'm afraid, I added a loop from iMovie's ambient sound library.

Wonderful video. A circular polarising filter would greatly reduce surface reflections enabling underwater to be seen. Buy one and help the Japanese economy!

'Removing reflections with a polariser':

http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Video-Tutorials/Search-Results/Camera-Techniques/Removing-reflections-with-a-poloriser/

Thanks. It's a funny little Sony Micro-MV camera, so not standard kit, but I will get a few more lenses and filters if I can.

Guest theboltonfury

This is a video wot I took myself.

The only venemous mammal.

That must have been great seeing one. I bet trying to find one in the wild is a big ask.

That must have been great seeing one. I bet trying to find one in the wild is a big ask.

What a weird beastie, lays eggs and that thing at the front is a kind of beak l think.

It looks really well adapted to it's environment when swimming, almost as agile as an otter or a beaver.

A lovely moment for the doc.

Nope. Solenodons, some shrews, some lorises and the European mole are also venemous.

Nope. Solenodons, some shrews, some lorises and the European mole are also venemous.

My great grandmother was attacked by a French Loris.

She had to amputate her own arm to survive.

True story.

We don't celebrate Bastille Day in our family.

Thanks. It's in the Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary just in the Adelaide Hills.

The sound isn't genuine, I'm afraid, I added a loop from iMovie's ambient sound library.

So in thousands of years time, scientists will find your Youtube video and be totally baffled by an Australian platypus accompanied by (say) an English blackbird! :lol:

Guest theboltonfury

You better tell Terry Nutkins. It's clearly not a fact that I have researched myself. I got it off the telly :)

You better tell Terry Nutkins. It's clearly not a fact that I have researched myself. I got it off the telly :)

Oh dear, oh dear! Just goes to show that my parents were right when they called it the "idiot box."

Did anyone else get to about 1 minute and switch off due to boredom...

No offence to the vid sure it is very nice and all.

Guest X-QUORK

Did anyone else get to about 1 minute and switch off due to boredom...

No offence to the vid sure it is very nice and all.

Yes, but being the timid creature I am, I didn't say anything.

Yes, but being the timid creature I am, I didn't say anything.

Think we have been outed now though. Maybe we were expecting too much ? I read the first few 'reviews' and assumed this little beast would be flying through the water, leaping up to catch Salmon - the lot.

Instead I got a video of a puddle.

Again no offence to the vid !! If you like relaxing stuff and all that jazz. And yes if I tried to make my own it would be pish so no argument there.

Guest X-QUORK

Think we have been outed now though. Maybe we were expecting too much ? I read the first few 'reviews' and assumed this little beast would be flying through the water, leaping up to catch Salmon - the lot.

Again no offence to the vid !! If you like relaxing stuff and all that jazz. And yes if I tried to make my own it would be pish so no argument there.

Some 2012-style CGI would've been welcome.

I think you've been a bit spoiled by all those shots of killer whales surfing up the beach to catch seal pups and the like.....

It's not like it was a water rat, a platypus is one of the most rare and unusual creatures on the planet.

I liked it anyway.

I think you've been a bit spoiled by all those shots of killer whales surfing up the beach to catch seal pups and the like.....

It's not like it was a water rat, a platypus is one of the most rare and unusual creatures on the planet.

I liked it anyway.

If he could just get some film of a first-time buyer...

Some 2012-style CGI would've been welcome.

Exactly !!

I liked it anyway.

Perhaps. Maybe a platypus does this with small fish too ?

Imagine what it would have been like without the added soundtrack.

I can only imagine.

DYIV - If I ever make a video I will launch it on here for you to rip apart. :)