House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whoami

Last Time They Took Your Gold. This Time They'll Take Your Pension Fund

US - Democrats eyeing private pension funds as the last big source of potential government cash - when it all goes pearshaped.

Just a matter of time, Republicans fear, before the administration makes pension fund contributors an 'offer they can't refuse' and converts their equity funds into low interest 30yr treasuries. How many years before it happens here? :ph34r:

already happens in the UK with annuities - and being reversed so the opposite may apply

another desperate bull non story

already happens in the UK with annuities - and being reversed so the opposite may apply

another desperate bull non story

I don't think you've quite got the point (did you read the article?).

They're after your cash now, not in thirty years time when you retire and buy an annuity. Keep up.

I agree though that housing is irrelevant. I just added the house reference to spice the thread thread up.

I believe Argentina did that. They simply promised to pay out the pensions when they fall due whilst using the pension fund monies in the meantime.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures I think you'll find.

I believe Argentina did that. They simply promised to pay out the pensions when they fall due whilst using the pension fund monies in the meantime.

Couldn't happen in the UK,. Oh wait a minute, it already has, only difference being the UK is moving the date when the pensions fall due.