House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

My Observations For Stock On The Market In Chelmsford, Essex

Here is my observations for the last 10 weeks in Chelmsford Essex. (This area only, Properties above £80k, to filter out the garage and other sh1t)

The horizontal axis is number of weeks. For example '10' is this week, 9 the week before that a so on. Figures are average for the week. Couldn't seem to plot with a proper date on the X axis?

stockj.jpg

As you can see the last month has seen a good surge and this is before any CGT/HIPS effects. Seems similar to most other HPCer observations bar a few.

Needs a larger data sample really but thought it might be of interest.

Thanks to dave spart for posting tip.

Thought I would post an update today as my original search criteria has now reached 1000+. I started a parallel search with smaller criteria for the same area seven weeks ago to allow me to continue to track stock levels once the original search found too many results.

030710.png

As you can see the emergency budget on June 22nd caused a slow done of new listings although the average for the week never fell below the previous weeks. In the weeks after budget the trend resumed and has accelerated in the last week.

I may start a new search using the combined totals of serveral Essex towns to create a larger data sample and a more accurate measure. Possibly Braintree, Billericay and Brentwood.

Thought I would post an update today as my original search criteria has now reached 1000+. I started a parallel search with smaller criteria for the same area seven weeks ago to allow me to continue to track stock levels once the original search found too many results.

030710.png

As you can see the emergency budget on June 22nd caused a slow done of new listings although the average for the week never fell below the previous weeks. In the weeks after budget the trend resumed and has accelerated in the last week.

I may start a new search using the combined totals of serveral Essex towns to create a larger data sample and a more accurate measure. Possibly Braintree, Billericay and Brentwood.

Oh, if you could put Saffron Walden into your calculations too, would be interesting as its the area we want to buy in. Its a much smaller Essex town than the others you've listed though so if you don't want to its okay. But just saying, on the offchance. :)

Oh, if you could put Saffron Walden into your calculations too, would be interesting as its the area we want to buy in. Its a much smaller Essex town than the others you've listed though so if you don't want to its okay. But just saying, on the offchance. :)

Yeah I'll add that one in. With already seen a 30% increase in stock levels. I think that's plenty enough to send prices down. I'm sure I read somewhere that a 5% change in stock causes a 20% change in prices!