House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star

Agreed To Rental But House Still On Market?

We've thankfully, after 4 months, found another house to rent in our town and it's gorgeous :)

We have paid the credit check fee and were told this would take it off the market, this was on Wednesday but it's still on the market today (Saturday) but with a different agent to who were renting it from and also on Rightmove.

I was wondering if it is legal to do this, agree to rent a house but keep it on the market just in case it sells first? It shouldn't be if it is!

Thanks in advance

Star

-x-

We've thankfully, after 4 months, found another house to rent in our town and it's gorgeous :)

We have paid the credit check fee and were told this would take it off the market, this was on Wednesday but it's still on the market today (Saturday) but with a different agent to who were renting it from and also on Rightmove.

I was wondering if it is legal to do this, agree to rent a house but keep it on the market just in case it sells first? It shouldn't be if it is!

Thanks in advance

Star

-x-

It's legal for a landlord to shaft a prospective tenant in any way that he can think of. Worse case is that he will have to pay you some costs.

tim

Change of ownership doesn't affect tenant's rights. In fact, sale may be a good thing - maybe the original landlord is worried about repo. That's the thing to worry about.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Renting isn't for the feint hearted is it?!

Despite our LA saying that our credit check payment would take the property off the market, it still hasn't happened. The LL is emigrating and initially wanted to sell but as it's getting close to when they go and they haven't found a buyer, yet, I guess they thought they need to cover things by finding a tenant but still keeping the house on the market just in case it sells in the next 2 months. In which case, we may well be homeless if our current LL has sold this house by then and the potentially new LL sells his at the last minute too :angry:

What happened to my tenants' right of quiet enjoyment? I'm definitely stressed out, no peace and quiet here, off to tidy up for yet another viewing........

Why not just say "no viewings" you are legally allowed to whether the LL and LA likes it or not.

As for the credit check, go into the LA and explain that as you have paid the fee and been told it will be taken off the market you expect that to happen right now..

Stand up for yourself a bit :blink: