House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

Urine Test For State Benefits

This was allegedly written by a rig worker in the North Sea - what he says makes a lot of sense to me.:ph34r: Discuss.

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor.

I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque - because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone to sit on their **** drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete it if you don't.

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK , and soon!

Not only do oil rig workers have to pass dope tests, but members of the Forces do, too. Why not those on benefits?

Guest anorthosite

Fine by me. Spent it on booze, fags or drugs and you don't get it again.

Its a little draconian, but the benefits situation is getting ridiculous.

Fine by me. Spent it on booze, fags or drugs and you don't get it again.

Its a little draconian, but the benefits situation is getting ridiculous.

..or they will just commit crime to pay for it..

..or they will just commit crime to pay for it..

Not everyone on benefits would commit crime...are you saying people on benefits are all bad?...I think not. ;)

Not everyone on benefits would commit crime...are you saying people on benefits are all bad?...I think not. ;)

No I'm not saying that...,actually the complete reverse, I believe that the vast amount of ppl on it are genuine (god, this sounds like the main forum :ph34r: ).. I'm just mentioning, if you cut benefit completely, then what do they do? Rely on charities? Do they become more hardcore criminals, or they would work on the black market, and become hidden from view?

No I'm not saying that...,actually the complete reverse, I believe that the vast amount of ppl on it are genuine (god, this sounds like the main forum :ph34r: ).. I'm just mentioning, if you cut benefit completely, then what do they do? Rely on charities? Do they become more hardcore criminals, or they would work on the black market, and become hidden from view?

Benefits would not be cut completely.....different people would react to change in different ways, it might do some of them a favour to have to think about other alternatives they can take to help support themselves....

Benefits would not be cut completely.....different people would react to change in different ways, it might do some of them a favour to have to think about other alternatives they can take to help support themselves....

Possibly true, they could go one of two ways...either to get a job, or it could also push those into the criminal world or on to the black market for those determined not to get a "proper" job..

I think the real story was very different.

It all started with the government rejecting the idea and became about people on benefits instead after a man wrote to his local paper.

A local government Democrat in Oregon Kelley Wirth was hit by a car, the driver was a woman who thought the Democrat was having

an affair with her boyfriend. She was charged with attempted murder. The democrats car was searched and the police found meth

so charged her with posession.

in 2007 possibly unrelated a Republican in Oregon introduced a bill saying eveyone from the ground up to chief justice of the supreme

court should have to take drug test and refusing to do so would be an admission of guilt

Rep. Wayne Krieger, R-Gold Beach, said his decision to introduce the proposal, House Bill 2603, was not motivated by the [Kelley Wirth] case, adding that he'd considered introducing such a bill before he knew anything of her involvement with drugs.

Aside from the Wirth case, Krieger said he was unaware of drug use by any state elected officials.

With many Oregonians required by their employers to submit to urinalysis to prove they're not taking illegal drugs, Krieger said it was important for the state's elected officials to follow suit.

The same month January 2007 a local man named Leonard Wilson from Riddle, Oregon wrote a letter to the local paper about the issue saying everyone should be tested

RiddleTest.jpg

That then became a bit of an urban myth with subtle changes and the addition of an occupation, beer dope etc/

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=distribution+of+my+taxes+to+people+who+don%E2%80%99t+have+to+pass+a+urine+test&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=K4IVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jvADAAAAIBAJ&pg=6726,610495&dq=dan-doyle+oregon&hl=en

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/registerguard/access/1196653121.html?dids=1196653121:1196653121&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Jan+12%2C+2007&author=David+Steves+The+Register-Guard&pub=Register-Guard&desc=Measure+seeks+drug+testing+of+officials&pqatl=google

Possibly true, they could go one of two ways...either to get a job, or it could also push those into the criminal world or on to the black market for those determined not to get a "proper" job..

So be it.....they do what they want to do, as thousands already do...there are always consequences to whatever anyone does, but they should not treat it as a threat to everyone else. ;)

Not only do oil rig workers have to pass dope tests, but members of the Forces do, too. Why not those on benefits?

Because it's stupid dog-in-the-manger bilge. There are practical advantages to testing people in certain occupations. What actual advantages would testing people on benefits deliver?

Go on then, I'll say it, and I have to admire everybody else's self-restraint.

This is taking the piss!

Stupid idea.

More cost, more admin, more staff time. The test results will be scrutinised in performance charts and then used to arrange drugs awareness programmes, alcohol lectures, healthy living lifestyle programmes, general "raising awareness" nonsense excuses for anything.

If somebody is not looking for work, which they have to evidence, they don't get JSA. If they are genuinely looking for a job and keep getting knocked back I would not begrudge them a few beers or other substances.

This is taking the piss!

Stupid idea.

More cost, more admin, more staff time. The test results will be scrutinised in performance charts and then used to arrange drugs awareness programmes, alcohol lectures, healthy living lifestyle programmes, general "raising awareness" nonsense excuses for anything.

If somebody is not looking for work, which they have to evidence, they don't get JSA. If they are genuinely looking for a job and keep getting knocked back I would not begrudge them a few beers or other substances.

I believe that even if you aren't looking, you get half benefits, ie. £30 a week.. If you can still smoke & drink like a drain earning that, then I say good luck to you..

I was chatting to friend last week in a pub church. ;)

The friend mentioned that registered drug addicts and alcoholics receive additional disability benefits.

Any truth or just a Daily Mail story, thanks?

This is taking the piss!

Finally!

:)

I was chatting to friend last week in a pub church. ;)

The friend mentioned that registered drug addicts and alcoholics receive additional disability benefits.

Any truth or just a Daily Mail story, thanks?

Yes they do.

This story was discussed on here, the money is going on the alcohol to kill this young girl. A great shame as well as being a mental policy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2922628/Scandal-of-alcoholic-girls-8000-benefits-binges.html

HARD-drinker Hayley Nash has more than doubled her benefits to £8,000 a year - by being signed off sick as alcoholic.

Twin Charlotte is also set to sting the State - as she registers as her sister's CARER.

Hayley, 20, started boozing aged 12 and sinks 12 cans of lager and a litre of vodka a day.

She's been warned she'll die if she does not stop.

Hayley gets £316 a month income support. On top of that, she's paid £350 disability allowance. The annual total is £7,992.

She gives mum Wanda, 56, a bit as keep, but the rest goes on booze.

Hayley, who has an enlarged liver and angina, told this week's Closer magazine: "I've tried to give up several times but I can't."

She added: "I can't go anywhere without Charlotte. She's the only one who can calm me down when I have panic attacks, or violent outbursts. I'll feel less guilty about asking her to be with me all the time if it's her job."

Hayley, who's never worked, was diagnosed alcoholic at 14.

She and her sister live with Wanda in Walsall, West Mids.

Charlotte, who'll get at least £50 a week, said: "Hayley is the most important person in my life. I don't want to lose her, that's why I don't mind becoming her carer."

Douglas Murray, of The Centre for Social Cohesion think-tank, said: "It is not acceptable that there is a cost to the state of two people just because of alcohol."

Guest X-QUORK

I genuinely hope that oil rig worker ends up needing JSA.

Guest happy?

I think the real story was very different.

It all started with the government rejecting the idea and became about people on benefits instead after a man wrote to his local paper.

A local government Democrat in Oregon Kelley Wirth was hit by a car, the driver was a woman who thought the Democrat was having

an affair with her boyfriend. She was charged with attempted murder. The democrats car was searched and the police found meth

so charged her with posession.

in 2007 possibly unrelated a Republican in Oregon introduced a bill saying eveyone from the ground up to chief justice of the supreme

court should have to take drug test and refusing to do so would be an admission of guilt

The same month January 2007 a local man named Leonard Wilson from Riddle, Oregon wrote a letter to the local paper about the issue saying everyone should be tested

RiddleTest.jpg

That then became a bit of an urban myth with subtle changes and the addition of an occupation, beer dope etc/

http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

http://news.google.c...AAAIBAJ&pg=6726,610495&dq=dan-doyle+oregon&hl=en

http://pqasb.pqarchi...ls&pqatl=google

You're not really playing the game properly are you NWS?

How can we have a decent, proper, bilious, bigoted rant if you keep wanting to introduce facts all the time.

You're grounded (in reality).

Test 'em.

If they have not been unremittingly drunk an wasted since their last benefits cheque, all benefit stops, period, no questions, no tolerance, zero policy.

If it's all the same to everyone, I want my underclass to smoke and drink like one.

It could get ugly if they were sober.