House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Liverpool Fc Borrowed Too Much Money.....sez Bank That Lent It To Them!

Guest theboltonfury

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/07/03/liverpool-fc-borrowed-too-much-cash-says-boss-of-rbs-100252-26777353/

At some point there will have to be a "Fire sale"...........not just this but ALL the other "Castles in the sky" projects......i wonder what RBS balance sheet will look like?

Mike

I am a fan of neither, but United are in as bad, if not worse a position.

I am a fan of neither, but United are in as bad, if not worse a position.

because..........?

Guest theboltonfury

because..........?

They have even more debt against the club than Liverpool.

Just what I've read.

Guest theboltonfury

Liverpool FC borrowed hardly any of it, save for a revolver and a bit of transfer spend.

Their problem financially this year is that they will lose millions from not being iun the CL. The fact that they still have a 42000 stadium hardly helps them at all either.

I must admit to being fascinated by Mike's ongoing grudge against Liverpool and all things Liverpudlian.

I suspect that nothing less that using a nuke to elevate the place into the stratosphere would assuage him.

Obviously, with the credit crunch, Liverpool were screwed by Hicks and Gillette.

OTOH, it wasn't obvious when they arrived that the shit would hit the fan, or that club purchases (Aquilani, Keane, etc) would work out so badly. Nor, having produced Fowler, Owen, Gerard and Carragher (to name only the most successful) in the previous ten years or so, could they have expected that Benitez would go to war with the club youth system, and reject all the young players.

As it is, the club could actually wind up repossessed. Hicks and Gillette are VERY precariously placed. Torres has looked like shit in the WC, so even if he stays, there's no guarantee they'll even contend for a top-4 spot next seaion. And the latest rumour I heard is that Gerard put his house on the market in March or April.

The club itself is fine, it's under no threat as a business and a brand with the potential to run at a profit, aiming for a mid-table finish. But I would hate to tell that to a drunk scouser. Words like "betrayal" and "disgrace" would be flying. They see themselves as bigger than ManU, and that isn't the case, and nor WILL it be the case for the next 10 years at least.