House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick It Down

Summer Is Over

Should come as a relief for the gardeners and hayfever-sufferers that summer is turning a lot more refreshing from today. Pressure is forecast to drop over northern and western Europe as we come under the influence of a trough that will mean frequent afternoon showers and some thunderstorms. Just as summer should be in the UK, really.

Good news. Much prefer to be cool than hot. If it is ending it's going out with a bang, it's friggin' baking out there today.

25c is hardly a heatwave for the Urban Heat Island that is the southeast.  :rolleyes:

Mid to high teens only, when outside of that small area of England.

One of the things I like about getting out of London and moving 'oop North is thats its reasonably fresh even when its hot. Last time I was in London it was ubelievably stifling, at least until I got down to the River, which operates like a giant air conditioner, for those "lucky" enough to work/live close to it.

In a temperature controlled windowless office it could be blowing an icy blizzard outside and would be none the wiser.....does the heat hit you when you exit into the real world. ;)

Problem with London is that it is one big concrete mass that keeps pumping out heat until the late hours.

I find the weather too hot and stifling right now and bad for hayfever. Riding the bike isn't great either, just become a sweaty mess with bugs in every orifice of the face.

Hoping it gets cooler but I doubt it will. A bit better today actually.

You're late. Here it p***ed down on Thursday evening/night, after which it dried up to a very comfortable mostly-sunny 20-ish friday/saturday.