House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom Boom

It's Over

It's clear to me now that by the end of the year, a chain reaction of economic panic ,will lay waste to the economies of Europe. The spinning plates are losing momentum, and it's all going to come crashing down. The IMF fund represents the last bit of fiscal muscle Europe has to fend of the threat of economic collapse, and it's clear the problems dwarf the size of the fund, and that we can't plaster over the reality that Europe is bankrupt any longer.

It's clear to me now that by the end of the year, a chain reaction of economic panic ,will lay waste to the economies of Europe. The spinning plates are losing momentum, and it's all going to come crashing down. The IMF fund represents the last bit of fiscal muscle Europe has to fend of the threat of economic collapse, and it's clear the problems dwarf the size of the fund, and that we can't plaster over the reality that Europe is bankrupt any longer.

Have another beer and things will look different.... :)

Get the violins out!  ;)

If your not in Gold and Silver related assets by now...your stupid!

At least he can spell... :rolleyes:

It's clear to me now that by the end of the year, a chain reaction of economic panic ,will lay waste to the economies of Europe.

Yep. Welcome to the greatest show on earth!

Get the violins out! ;)

If your not in Gold and Silver related assets by now...your stupid!

dollar weakened from 1.48->1.52 over the last week

gold weakened from 1250->1201 over the last week

it's dropping off a cliff fella, get out while you still can, currencies are now ascending :D

Edited by concerned_money

hes wrong on the illegal invaders though - well wrong

but that card is going to be used by those in power

Why is he wrong on the illegal invaders?

I'm trying to visualise what would happen in this country if the fruit and vegetable pickers were sent home (I know they can't be, but IF they were) ... presumably growers would either have to raise wages or, if there were food shortages because no-one would condescend to do the job ... then fit and able people on unemployment benefit could be 'encouraged' to do the work in return for their dole.

I'm trying to visualise what would happen in this country if the fruit and vegetable pickers were sent home (I know they can't be, but IF they were) ... presumably growers would either have to raise wages or, if there were food shortages because no-one would condescend to do the job ... then fit and able people on unemployment benefit could be 'encouraged' to do the work in return for their dole.

I think the cosy dole life has to come to an end. If it's only seasonal work they can get, then it's seasonal work they need to do.

When I was a kid it was the mums who went and picked fruit/veg during the summer. Out of school term we went with them.

but if mums are all working full time jobs then they can't do it.

Short term work is hard as the dole takes weeks to catch back on with everything. Unless people are dealt with fast they will see no point in breaking the dole rhythm.

if they were sent home, who decides where home is

and

food prices would rise due to the shortages

and who is deciding they are illegal and that they are invaders

and someone who has looked at this before

if the freedom of migration is not reestablished, the lower wages in those lands will attract capital and entrepreneurial effort. Then, in place of the hot-house industries, artificially fostered by governmental measures and unviable still in spite of these measures, industries with lower wages and lower living stan­dards for the masses will develop there, industries which will be viable in view of the location. These people will certainly still have just as much cause to complain as before—not over the unequal distribution of raw materials, but over the erection of migration barriers around the lands with more favorable conditions of production. And it may be that one day they will reach the conclusion that only weapons can change this unsatisfactory situation. Thus, we may face a great coalition of the lands of would-be emigrants standing in opposition to the lands that erect barricades to shut out would-be immigrants.

I think the cosy dole life has to come to an end. If it's only seasonal work they can get, then it's seasonal work they need to do.

When I was a kid it was the mums who went and picked fruit/veg during the summer. Out of school term we went with them.

but if mums are all working full time jobs then they can't do it.

Short term work is hard as the dole takes weeks to catch back on with everything. Unless people are dealt with fast they will see no point in breaking the dole rhythm.

aint going to happen without alot of kicking and screeming - when austerity really starts the government will collapse

ed balls will print money and more freedoms will be lost and an even bigger collapse later

jeeze what a fascist!. from link:

"Pick 'em up, fingerprint 'em electronically, bus 'em to the border. Make clear that if they get caught again in the United States they'll do five years at hard labor, no possibility of early release, before being deported again. Third time, 10 years. And so on."

Edited by InternationalRockSuperstar

if they were sent home, who decides where home is

and

food prices would rise due to the shortages

and who is deciding they are illegal and that they are invaders

and someone who has looked at this before

As to 'who decides where home is ...' what I was thinking about was the removal of the right to work in other EEC countries unless there is demonstrable need.'

So, when the problem is 'we need seasonal fruit and vegetable pickers and we can't get anyone to do the job' it strikes me there are two ways of looking at it.

One is - allow people from other countries to come here and do the work

The other is to say 'hmmmm, we have 8 million economicially inactive people in this country, some of whom are claiming unemployment benefit because they say they cannot get a job. I know, instead of giving people money to sit around and do nothing, let's ask them to do some work for it.'

Strikes me as nuts that people from Eastern Europe will travel across Europe, leave family and friends behind, and put up with crappy living conditions in caravans on farms

- while we hand out dole to fit and healthy people who sit around in parks all day drinking cider.

"Pick 'em up, fingerprint 'em electronically, bus 'em to the border. Make clear that if they get caught again in the United States they'll do five years at hard labor, no possibility of early release, before being deported again. Third time, 10 years. And so on."

Works for Israel...well maybe not.

Cant see mexicans blowing themselves up though.

Simple fact is that without the illegals, food prices would be sky high here in the US. My company works for a few US companies in Colorado and California who employ illegals (mostly Latinos). These guys are NEVER sick, they work hard and exist to send money back home. Fact is Americans will not work for minimum wage and I know this as fact so jerks like Denninger are ignoramus's. We are a UK company, do everything correctly visa wise and so it does irk me sometimes when we have to go back to the US Embassy personally (in London) for renewal. It's costly but that doesn't make me angry at the Mexicans.

Edited by stew007

As to 'who decides where home is ...' what I was thinking about was the removal of the right to work in other EEC countries unless there is demonstrable need.'

So, when the problem is 'we need seasonal fruit and vegetable pickers and we can't get anyone to do the job for poverty wages' it strikes me there are two ways of looking at it.

One is - allow people from other countries to come here and do the work

The other is to say 'hmmmm, we have 8 million economicially inactive people in this country, some of whom are claiming unemployment benefit because they say they cannot get a job. I know, instead of giving people money to sit around and do nothing, let's ask them to do some work for it.'

Strikes me as nuts that people from Eastern Europe will travel across Europe, leave family and friends behind, and put up with crappy living conditions in caravans on farms

- while we hand out dole to fit and healthy people who sit around in parks all day drinking cider.

corrected for you.

And how's about these employers increasing wages to the point where they can attract uk workers?

Simple fact is that without the illegals, food prices would be sky high here in the US. My company works for a few US companies in Colorado and California who employ illegals (mostly Latinos). These guys are NEVER sick, they work hard and exist to send money back home. Fact is Americans will not work for minimum wage and I know this as fact so jerks like Denninger are ignoramus's. We are a UK company, do everything correctly visa wise and so it does irk me sometimes when we have to go back to the US Embassy personally (in London) for renewal. It's costly but that doesn't make me angry at the Mexicans.

Its funny how people such as tomwatkins believe in capitalism but strangely enough when it comes to the poor it doesnt apply.

Or do you nolonger believe in supply/demand and market incentives (i.e. wages) for attracting US workers to their chosen career?