House Price Crash Forum

Soylent Green Next On The Menu In Us

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1291526/U-S-Chicken-McNuggets-contain-Silly-Putty-chemical-calories-fat-Britain.html

Again this has clearly been done in the interest of profits and is a cheap means of keeping the slaves fed.

HOLA442

Here's a good and IMO balanced book that looks at industrial food production in the US.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omnivores-Dilemma-Search-Perfect-Fast-food/dp/0747586837/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278103443&sr=8-1

Also looks at "organic" food and the author has a stab at hunting and gathering as well. Hard to read about the extermination camp like treatment of cattle and then buy beef at a supermarket or restaurant.

HOLA443

Here's a good and IMO balanced book that looks at industrial food production in the US.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omnivores-Dilemma-Search-Perfect-Fast-food/dp/0747586837/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278103443&sr=8-1

Also looks at "organic" food and the author has a stab at hunting and gathering as well. Hard to read about the extermination camp like treatment of cattle and then buy beef at a supermarket or restaurant.

Looks good, I've ordered a copy.

I highly recommend this.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

That article reminded me a lot about the problems with Dihydrogen Monoxide. It's nasty stuff: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

;)

OMG! That's in our food too!

Did you know the salt that McDonnalds put on their chips contains chlorine? Chlorine was used as a chemical warfare agent in the first world war! Those scum!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

OMG! That's in our food too!

Did you know the salt that McDonnalds put on their chips contains chlorine? Chlorine was used as a chemical warfare agent in the first world war! Those scum!

Yeah its, gets contaminated when they give it to the knakered humans working in the salt mines.

HOLA4410

Just because a chemical used in food has other industrial applications doesn't make it bad.

Although I agree that far to much unnecessary crap is put in our food. There really is no need for most of the colourings etc.

I think the government ought to introduce more labelling and quality standards to enable us to easier pick additive free foods if we want to.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I thought all salt contained chlorine.  Its chemical symbol I thought was NaCL.  That's Sodium and Chlorine.

Some fast food places use "lo-salt" Potassium Chloride instead. To be fair you could give either metal the this-is-a-highly-dangerous-reactive-metal-why-are-mcdonalds-trying-to-kill-us treatment, including links to youtube videos of those metals getting plonked in water to prove how dangerous salt must surely be...  ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I thought all salt contained chlorine. Its chemical symbol I thought was NaCL. That's Sodium and Chlorine.

Entirely correct. I was trying to make the point that it's easy to use a bit of hysteria to make a perfectly innocuous chemical sound utterly horrific.

I'd hoped that the DHMO reference would have been a bit of a give away ;)

HOLA4416

Some fast food places use "lo-salt" Potassium Chloride instead. To be fair you could give either metal the this-is-a-highly-dangerous-reactive-metal-why-are-mcdonalds-trying-to-kill-us treatment, including links to youtube videos of those metals getting plonked in water to prove how dangerous salt must surely be...  ;)

Potassium! My god! They're using chemicals from gunpowder now too!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Damn, I've just bought some bananas and they have Potassium too. Should I inform the bomb squad about my fruit bowl?

And the drug squad. Bananas contain serotonin, thats the anti depressant, Prozac or Fluoxitin!

Archived