House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

Great Source Of Graduate Jobs...........or Crony Capitalism's Ultimate Goal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/7868470/Up-to-100000-students-ordered-to-work-for-suicide-factory-owner-Foxconn.html

So not content with harsh working conditions and suicides, it now seems elements in China are pushing for a form of slavery, with students being forced to work for Foxconn.

So before you buy that slave-pod  think think twice.

Whilst such a strategy here might solve the UK's current graduate unemployment problem, I don't think a free country can justify this sort of crony capitalism.

I am a capitalist, but I want real capitalism.  Time to bring down the bankers and their ilk and restore the free market.

This is definitely the middle ages. An oligarchs' dream.

and a town official in Zhengzhou told the China Daily he had received "clear internal orders" for each town to send Foxconn at least 100 people between 18 years-old and 45 years-old.

There must be an opportunity to ship unemployed European youngsters to these Chinese factories filling the return ships with ipods and playstations

Suprised Stelios hasn't thought of it - Easyslave

This is how empires are built

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Sounds like it's time for another worker's revolution.

There must be an opportunity to ship unemployed European youngsters to these Chinese factories filling the return ships with ipods and playstations

Suprised Stelios hasn't thought of it - Easyslave

This is how empires are built

Err, I think he already has. Check the routes over the last few years.

Sounds like it's time for another worker's revolution.

2 legs good, 4 legs baaaad.

Communism (or any other form of government that I have seen) is never about "the people", rather the "ism" chosen seems to be the most effective way for them to be controlled given the local conditions.

Edited by D'oh

Guest Noodle

Don't know what you're all harping on about, it's quite normal out here. I use child labour for landscape gardening and minor building works.

Don't know what you're all harping on about, it's quite normal out here. I use child labour for landscape gardening and minor building works.

I hear that once upon a time, they were used as infill for bridge piers.....

There's a lot to be said for it. It's taken me a long time to spot but people are happier with soemthing to do and for most of us, with our limited imaginations, that means someone else giving us something to and that means work.

But, but, but.....

I thought that the free market was supposed to lead to optimum allocation of resources automatically?

If the Chinese are having to resort to this kind of thing doesn't that mean that they are basically a centrally controlled command economy? So shouldn't they be stagnating and going bust and being outcompeted by us?

But, but, but.....

I thought that the free market was supposed to lead to optimum allocation of resources automatically?

If the Chinese are having to resort to this kind of thing doesn't that mean that they are basically a centrally controlled command economy? So shouldn't they be stagnating and going bust and being outcompeted by us?

Strange how Tired of Wailing and his fellow cohort of nutters have avoided this thread.