House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Fox Attack Babies Story, Do You Want To Guess What Their House Is Worth?

Guest Noodle

You know I even get this UK house price madness in the Caribbean.

Driving through Hamilton on a sunny Friday morning, one of the Directors is reading the paper. 'Oh no, house prices are down again'. So I say, 'that's good, hopefully your kids will afford one some day'.

'No it's not good, what's wrong with you!'

Seriously.

I've just bought a couple of sleeping bags and looking at a bedchair (used by sport fishermen) to be my new mobile sleeping arrangements for the UK. Round the old mans place and back to site, in the site office.

Like dick am I ever buying a house there.

(I just read the article. They even higlighted it in italics).

Guest Noodle

This has got my blood up.

What it should have said is;

When an ambulance, crewed by front line medical personnel who earn about £24k a year before tax and the costs of going to work, arrived at the family's £XXX,000 townhouse the full extent of the twins' injuries became clear.

Great comments sections. The moaners about the beautiful creatures (foxes) having to die. Those that think they should have bolted the door on a hot day, so paedos and foxes can't get in. Bunch of nutcases.

Is the reason this couple are getting so much media attention, that one works for a TV company?

Great comments sections. The moaners about the beautiful creatures (foxes) having to die. Those that think they should have bolted the door on a hot day, so paedos and foxes can't get in. Bunch of nutcases.

Newspaper reported "I think its very nice that the couple, living in their £850,000 town house, left the front door open all day and night so that a burglar, living in a £2500 per month council sponsored accomodation, was able to more readily steal thier belongings, including a BMW 4x4 worth £30,000 parked outside their £850,000 town house."

Interesting timing. I wonder if they had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (or similar) which has suddenly gone to live with friends..

I'm sorry to say I got the price of their house correct. I must actually take in some of the crap that is circulated by the media.

Guest Noodle

I'm sorry to say I got the price of their house correct. I must actually take in some of the crap that is circulated by the media.

The thing is. Who's ever going to see £850,000 plus interest plus education costs, plus living costs, plus child costs, plus tax in their entire lifetimes?

How does that work? :huh:

Interesting timing. I wonder if they had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (or similar) which has suddenly gone to live with friends..

You're ignorance is deplorable.

Interestingly the article (if I dare call it that) does not indicate what either of them do for a living?

Wonder how much hock they are to that house for?

Guest Noodle

You'd have to pay me £850,000 to live in Hackney.

How can Hackney be worth £850,000?

Guest Noodle

Because you can't afford it and rather spend your tiime hanging out in a third world country thinking you are cool! B)

No you nasty piece of work. I'm in a another country making sure my six year old daughter has a decent future and a good standard of living. I am about to lose all that, for which I am heartbroken and destroyed.

It's you that hangs out in these places thinking you're cool, you have a dull website dedicated to the fact.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

And Hackney was about the last place in London to be gentrified and get the boom (no tube and the name) so just think what the rest of London is like. Earnings aren't that much more there it's just a huge amount more debt going on.

Is the reason this couple are getting so much media attention, that one works for a TV company?

Quite possibly. There appears to have been a Panorama program about the attack: link, link. The second of these says

Notes to Editors

Any use of information in this release must credit The Fox Attack Twins: A BBC One Special.

The Fox Attack Twins is a Leopard Films Production for BBC Panorama.

The Producer Director is Claire Burnett and the Editor is Tom Giles.

Nick Koupparis is Head of Finance at Leopard Films.

The first one says

The family said they chose to speak to Panorama, in a film made by the independent production company that Mr Koupparis works for, in an effort to deal with some of the aftermath of the publicity surrounding the fox attack, including having the horror of what happened to their daughters questioned by wildlife experts and animal rights activists.

The Sun has a gruesome article (Maimed) with lots of close-up photos of the children's injuries, together with a terrifying photo of a fox yawning.

Quite possibly. There appears to have been a Panorama program about the attack: link, link. The second of these says

The first one says

The Sun has a gruesome article (Maimed) with lots of close-up photos of the children's injuries, together with a terrifying photo of a fox yawning.

Ah, I knew there had to be something. Terrible thing to happen but usually this will be a major local news story and a minor national one. Yet I seem to have heard every twist and turn of it. Something was awry but I couldn't put my finger on it. The parents are making money from it, well there you go.

Ah, I knew there had to be something. Terrible thing to happen but usually this will be a major local news story and a minor national one. Yet I seem to have heard every twist and turn of it. Something was awry but I couldn't put my finger on it. The parents are making money from it, well there you go.

No, it's because the parents are wealthy people. It's like when a lawyer gets stabbed, much more coverage than if a lorry driver does which would be local news. It's a class thing, surely these things shouldn't happen to the upper classes.

Guest portwinestain

This whole attack story is a load of lying bo11ocks!

Damn - I want to vote on part B but not part A but you're not allowed: the price of the house is a complete irrelevance, and I don't care what their house is worth: it is not relevant to the story. Loathe sensationalist journalism, although it's increasingly difficult to find that which isn't these days.

This whole attack story is a load of lying bo11ocks!

I agree.

However, even if it was true (it isn't) so what? Why so much press footage you could glue it together, hand it to Archimedes and he'd respond: "'kin hell, not THAT long you tw@t'?

More injuries are reported each year involving hot water bottles and balloons than the Fox ffs.

Guest portwinestain

I agree.

However, even if it was true (it isn't) so what? Why so much press footage you could glue it together, hand it to Archimedes and he'd respond: "'kin hell, not THAT long you tw@t'?

Yes

'Enough Already!'

The coverage suggests that mucho attention is to by focused on the story.

It's a scam.

I agree.

More injuries are reported each year involving hot water bottles and balloons than the Fox ffs.

What do you do with a hot water bottle and a balloon? I must be missing something?