Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smiffy1967

No Question Time Thread?

Recommended Posts

Watched it - and watched LLL earlier too.

QT was interesting. That labour dog is quite odious but he always has been.

Camilla is interesting.

I did think it was amusing that they go from "families in poverty, no jobs, no incentives to work" immediately to "immigrants get the blame unjustly and they really do contribute greatly to the uk"

yup they help contribute to unemployment etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched it - and watched LLL earlier too.

QT was interesting. That labour dog is quite odious but he always has been.

Camilla is interesting.

I did think it was amusing that they go from "families in poverty, no jobs, no incentives to work" immediately to "immigrants get the blame unjustly and they really do contribute greatly to the uk"

yup they help contribute to unemployment etc.

if they contribute so much how come we are so much in the financial poo? The scale of immigration should mean millions of extra tax payers and spenders. Doesn't seem to feel like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they contribute so much how come we are so much in the financial poo? The scale of immigration should mean millions of extra tax payers and spenders. Doesn't seem to feel like that.

The calculation for immigrant benefit don't use the fact for everyone doing a job that's one uk resident on the dole/lha/etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The parties seem to have all got themselves in a right ideological pickle. Labour now seems to be promoting themselves as the party of 'lock 'em up and throw away the key'.

Unless they don't have any real beliefs and just define themselves as being the opposite to whatever the Tories are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought IDS was great last night

Why was he great .

Would love to be able to answer these people when they are on Q.T. or question some of the crap they say. Have tried to get on there many times.

He is coming out with this policy of makeing it easier for people to move for work , yes great but where is there work for people to move to. He spoke about the deppresed areas of the north and people moving south and to London. London has 318,000 unemployed itself at the last count and there are many areas of deprivation in the capital like in the north.

He said he has been looking into this situation for a long time , well has he not noticed that there is now no where in the U.K. with surplus jobs. He is rearranging the chairs on the titanic , the only way to get more people working is to share the work out , cut the working week . We have a choice either 20% out of work and that is probley the true figure and the other 80% paying for them. Or we share the work out .

Shuffling people about is not going to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short of giving the doleys free cars when they start a job - or heck nationalise the buses and give everyone a free pass - people need to get to work and it's really expensive and time consuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was he great .

Would love to be able to answer these people when they are on Q.T. or question some of the crap they say. Have tried to get on there many times.

He is coming out with this policy of makeing it easier for people to move for work , yes great but where is there work for people to move to. He spoke about the deppresed areas of the north and people moving south and to London. London has 318,000 unemployed itself at the last count and there are many areas of deprivation in the capital like in the north.

He said he has been looking into this situation for a long time , well has he not noticed that there is now no where in the U.K. with surplus jobs. He is rearranging the chairs on the titanic , the only way to get more people working is to share the work out , cut the working week . We have a choice either 20% out of work and that is probley the true figure and the other 80% paying for them. Or we share the work out .

Shuffling people about is not going to help.

So you support 20% wage cuts en masse so that companies can recruit the extra 20% staff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was he great .

Would love to be able to answer these people when they are on Q.T. or question some of the crap they say. Have tried to get on there many times.

He is coming out with this policy of makeing it easier for people to move for work , yes great but where is there work for people to move to. He spoke about the deppresed areas of the north and people moving south and to London. London has 318,000 unemployed itself at the last count and there are many areas of deprivation in the capital like in the north.

He said he has been looking into this situation for a long time , well has he not noticed that there is now no where in the U.K. with surplus jobs. He is rearranging the chairs on the titanic , the only way to get more people working is to share the work out , cut the working week . We have a choice either 20% out of work and that is probley the true figure and the other 80% paying for them. Or we share the work out .

Shuffling people about is not going to help.

Employers just want the best people to do the work not share it out.

Women could always have kids and stop going to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you support 20% wage cuts en masse so that companies can recruit the extra 20% staff?

Yes let me explain why

No exact figures but it has been quoted recently that all the money that comes in from income tax and Ni goes straight back out on benefits .

The other taxes i.e. vat, petrol tax , road tax, stamp duty, corporation tax, death duties, gambling tax, insurance tax , fag tax , airport tax and a few others pay for everthing else.

So you have lets say 80% that are working supporting the 20% who don't. That's what we have at present.

Yes 20% wage cuts on masse and the companies can employ the extra 20% of staff. However income tax and Ni could be virtually scrapped as the govenment would not need it to pay the benefits . That would equal full employment the people working today with the 20% pay cut would still take home the same due to very little tax or NI being taken from their wage packets.

There would never be full employment so lets say 5% would not work due to illness and unemployment , so there would still need to be a little tax and NI.

If if the 20% not working now is reduced to 5% that would equaly a 75% cut in income tax and NI. Basic rate tax is now 20% and NI 11% that could be reduced to just under 8% therefore those working today would have a 20% pay cut but keep most of what they earn the same take home as now but for working 32 hours a week not 39 or 40.

In the last 30 years as jobs have dissapeared due to technology and outsourcing the working week has never been cut, the last time it was cut was in 1980 from 40 to 39 hours. For some reason not every industry got that cut some working weeks are still 40 hours.

It might sound outlandish and unworkable but they said that after the war when the unions decided they did not want to work 50 and 60 hours a week anymore , the working week was cut and over the next 35 years was got down to 39 hours. Since then it has stayed the same.

Also after the war income tax was only payable by a married man with two children when he had hit 80% of the average wage , today he hits income tax at 25% of the average wage.

It could be done it needs to be done otherwise we will always have the high unemployment levels that we have today the jobs are not coming back.

Making it easy for people to move for jobs is not addressing the problem.

There is deep resentment from some that they are paying for the unemployed , so how about sharing the work out.

Edited by miko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Employers just want the best people to do the work not share it out.

Women could always have kids and stop going to work.

Who said that those not working now are not capable of being as good as those that are.

Know loads of women who have kids who would love to stop working but the husbands pay packet does not stretch to surviving without her wage.

Edited by miko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they contribute so much how come we are so much in the financial poo? The scale of immigration should mean millions of extra tax payers and spenders. Doesn't seem to feel like that.

Anecdotal, but whenever I meet Polish immigrants more often than not they have had babies under the UK NHS. I'd be very surprised if they've paid enough taxes to cover those costs.

Sure, long term they may pay enough tax, but currently I think they're consuming more than they're contributing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short of giving the doleys free cars when they start a job - or heck nationalise the buses and give everyone a free pass - people need to get to work and it's really expensive and time consuming.

I used to cycle a 36 mile round trip to work. I used to start at 5am so had to set off at 3:15am to get there on time. Do an 8 hour shift then cycle back. This was 6 days a week. If people want to work they will. If people want to find an excuse not to work they will. Which is fine, as long as they don't expect me as a taxpayer to fund their lifestyle choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 149 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.