House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Whatever Happened To Al Megrahi

The Lockerbie bomber flew out of Britain on 21st August 2009 as a dying man deserving of compassion — and landed in Libya a national hero.

Still going strong?

Have Libya found a cure for cancer?

good luck to both of them. i hope they live another 20 years,

Yeah, just like that one out of the "Guinness Four" who was spared prison because he had a large cancerous tumor and was at death's door.

He died 20 years later.

good luck to both of them. i hope they live another 20 years,

I don't know much about Megrahi but I always thought Biggs was a contemptible ****. There was a lot of damage done to that bloke who got thumped, Biggs then bragged about it to the tourists in Rio while living La Vida Loca and has remained utterly unrepentant.

Not much sympathy from me I'm afraid.

'Yeah, just like that one out of the "Guinness Four" '

Well not quite like that Guinness slime because they didn't kill anyone, as far as I know.

I'm not agin Deadly Earnest and Lord Spens or whatever he's called and his chums doing their fair share of stir.

And maybe the s*****s didn't get as much as they deserved but I don't think anyone got killed in that Guinness thing.

That's not "just like".

It's not hard to understand - free of the clutches of the NHS his prospects greatly improved.

The prison health service is separate from the NHS. Part of the reason for his release was that prison health service isn't geared up to give the right level of care to someone with cancer in the way that the NHS is.

Thought the rumor was that this was quid pro quo for him dropping his appeal.

As far as I can see the original case was gravely flawed, if he'd been cleared on appeal it would have been a huge embarrasment for the scottish government.

Thought the rumor was that this was quid pro quo for him dropping his appeal.

As far as I can see the original case was gravely flawed, if he'd been cleared on appeal it would have been a huge embarrasment for the scottish government.

Absolutely - and it probably won't be in any of our lifetimes that we learn the truth behind the whole thing. But what does look fairly certain is that the poor chap was more or less innocent.