House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Topher Bear

Urgent- Radio 4 Any Questions Tonight

Hi All,

Sorry I've been away a few weeks, something got a hold of me and I've had to go re-visit old forums (of the Myst variety)...ayhoo, thats another story.

(apologies, my n key is giving me problems!)

Right now, The Radio 4 show any Questions is here in Chippenham tonight. Broadcast live at 8pm

I need to have some questions. Can anybody provide a really good HPC related question, that might get a chance of being read out?

I'll need them fairly urgently, by 6 pm as I need to leave the house by 6.15

and listen out for me :-)

Topher Bear

Why have there been no SFO investigations into the collapse of Halifax Bank of Scotland or RBS given the colossal public funds injected into them?

Why do our govts. insist globalisation is good for us when clearly the majority of people are getting poorer?

Why do govts. continue to think it is a good idea for our poor to get relatively poorer whilst the rich get relatively richer?

Edited by Red Karma

Why can I not afford a house for me an my family to live in at the age of 32 years old whilsts earning cira £40k a year. I live in Surrey.

I am stuck renting a tiny shoebox that i feel like smashing down with a sledge hammer every time I get home from work.

Do you think this will get on?

Why can I not afford a house for me an my family to live in at the age of 32 years old whilsts earning cira £40k a year. I live in Surrey.

I am stuck renting a tiny shoebox that i feel like smashing down with a sledge hammer every time I get home from work.

Do you think this will get on?

Well I would have to make a few adjustments for myself:

Why can I not afford a house for me an my family to live in at the age of 37 years old whilsts earning cira £40k a year. I live in Chippenham.

I am stuck renting a Huge Mansion that i would no-where near be able to afford if tried to buy it!

I might try the giving birth ad moving house question with regard to security of tenure for tenants.

I could try, why is it landlords get to know every detail of a tenants financial life, while we are not allowed to know anything, yet it is us who will suffer greatly if the landlord defaults on the morgage or goes bankrupt!

Hi All,

Sorry I've been away a few weeks, something got a hold of me and I've had to go re-visit old forums (of the Myst variety)...ayhoo, thats another story.

(apologies, my n key is giving me problems!)

Right now, The Radio 4 show any Questions is here in Chippenham tonight. Broadcast live at 8pm

I need to have some questions. Can anybody provide a really good HPC related question, that might get a chance of being read out?

I'll need them fairly urgently, by 6 pm as I need to leave the house by 6.15

and listen out for me :-)

Topher Bear

'Should the govt regulate mortgage lending to strict income multiple criteria? This is asked on the basis that our banks have had a major role in causing high house prices with a 'remortgage and spend culture', that has actually damaged our economy, encouraging us to believe wealth has been created when it is only an unearnt bubble? One which is about to burst again?' (Answer Yes)

OR Does the panel think the USA is entering the Great Depression MK11, with recent figures showing money supply M3 there, shrinking at the same rate as in 1931? Is it coming here AND GOING TO TAKE OUR HOUSE MARKET WITH IT?' (Answer yes)

Edited by plummet expert

How about,

Wouldn't the best "stimulus to the economy" be to allow house prices to fall to where young people can actually afford them again?

But anything from a HPCer will be good, so I'll be happy if anything on 'high house prices being bad' manages to get through. Good luck.

Why are lower house prices always greeted as bad news in the press ? Lower house prices are good news for many in this country.

Has a plane crashed into owt memorable?

No?

In that case, do not waste my time with URGENT.

Ooh! get you!

Honestly, In terms of house price news, this is relevent and urgent. This forum is about house price news. Planes crashing are not relevent and would go in the other forum.

This is urgent, coz I only have two hours to get some questions together. If your not interested in the topic then butt out of it and go visit "plane crashes r us" website, I can send you a few good pictures if you like, get them from work!

Now onto the topic in hand, before we were rudely interrupted. I can submit as many questions as I like, so I'll choose a few that I have enough knowledge on to be ale to pull off as my questions, and maybe my own too. we'll see if they pick any.

Thanks for those who do care!

Regards

Topher Bear

Something on the lines of....why allow all this re-mortgaging to supplement income, BTL purchases, cars and holidays....re-mortgage should be for home improvements of the said property only evidence required....that should stop all this property speculation and people living beyond their means, maybe then many more might be mortgage free by the time of retirement. ;)

Why is house price inflation reported by the media as good news.

Why are prices going up termed "a recovery".

Are prices recovering to the levels that essentially brought down the financial system and ensured years of austerity ahead for a lot of people ( not the people that caused it or allowed it to happen though it would appear ).

Is that a recovery ?

Is that good news ?

Here's a few.

Why are we trying to increase bank lending, when it's obvious that consumers cannot service the debts they already have?

Would anyone on the panel, advise a young FTBer, to buy into a "part ownership" or "shared equity" scheme?

Now the housing and debt bubble economy has burst, where are the jobs for the future going to come from?

Are 'near zero' interest rates going to encourage us to save for our futures?

With today's high house prices, is an Englishman's home no longer his "castle", but actually a debt laden ball and chain?

Hope they help. Good luck.

because the whole ponzi banking scam collapses sooner

Thanks all,

got 6 questions there, gotta go!!

Report later.

BTW Olly Gardner is on, she used to work for Shelter.....

Thanks all,

got 6 questions there, gotta go!!

Report later.

BTW Olly Gardner is on, she used to work for Shelter.....

Well that was a big waste of time.

No-one is interested i talking about this topic. Lets face it guys and gals, were ******ed, plain and simple, and no-one gives a flying monkeys, coz I'm allright jack!

Whats the point anymore!

TB

ps, I put in 7 different house related questions, some with a personal slant, some about financial stance, some about the social situation, some about the economy relation....not one..They got through 3 maybe 4 questions, but they did pick 9 they might have asked.

Hadn't seen this earlier - none of the (laced with HPC red flags to any BBC editorial team) suggestions could have stood a cat in hells chance of getting picked.

You'd need to have dovetailed the question in with IDS's 'on yer bike' theme this week.

Something about getting homes down to affordable levels so the most vulnerable in society can move to employment by getting out of social housing altogether etc.

They aren't interested in allowing people to speak on that program. They just want to fit everything in with their own news agenda, based on what they're reporting this week.

I bet if you'd asked about Fabio Capello keeping his job, they would've spent half an hour on it.

Our issue is THE most important to people in the UK!

Watch this clip. Nick Clegg says that housing, along with immigration is the most often talked about. Yet the Any Questions/Question Time programs never lets a question on it get through!

See 2 mins 40 seconds .

Edited by worst time buyer

What's the audience figure for Any Questions? Has Radio 4 got a powerful ear to the Government do you think?