House Price Crash Forum

Late To The Party?

Guest X-QUORK

HOLA441

Family guy is amazing,

if you like that watch American Dad, same writers, and if you like a bit more sureal Robot Chicken, written by Seth Greene. i love them all, my G/F doesnt get 99.9% of the jokes and this its crap.

The first few series of American Dad were great.. v funny.

I never "got" family guy.. With Family Guy / American Dad people seem to either like one or the other, most don't like both for some reason.

You are the exception to the rule in my book. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest theboltonfury

The Sopranos and The Wire

several years late to the two best TV shows to date

I'm just discovering that the TV is often at its best when in the OFF position.

HOLA447

Many years ago they put a computer on my desk at work. What does this do that my old terminal doesn't? I asked. They mentioned some things. I said I dont want to do those things. I had looked progress in the eye and called it a cont.

HOLA448

Like Family Guy and American Dad to watch whilst eating etc. wouldn't probably sit down specially to watch it. Almost too many gags to some degree (too many writers possibly). Definitely good, not as good and universally appealing as The Simpsons.

I also like Californication a lot. Not really a big TV box set person but for me the most must watch series since Seinfeld or early series of The Shield

Also British series around 2000-ish This Life / Teachers and North Square (well acted legal drama that got cancelled). Was surprised I got hooked by all three.

Don't like / Over-rated

The Wire - Like some awful OTT drama school method acting workshop - The drug dealers in the 1st series playing chess in the projects - WTF

The Might Boosh - Maybe someone's humour - not mine

The Sopranos - Could never get into it

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Skinty

Harry Potter. I took an interest when the fourth movie came out.

Harry Potter. Didn't bother reading the books until the last one came out and then read them all back to back.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Kids. Just as we're pre-programmed to enjoy sex to ensure the propagation of our genes, so some of us are preprogrammed to enjoy raising our kids for the same reason. For me it's a deeply satisfying job, and one that I wish I had begun long ago.

HOLA4417

How to double bow my shoelaces. I was about 30 at the time and shouting at my trainers that had come undone (again). My other half was incredulous that I hadn't just double bowed them. He had to explain what I had to do.

Actually you don't have to use a double bow if you do a correct reef knot. Most kids are taught to do granny knots, which come undone and don't sit flat. Ask any runner.

HOLA4418

Kids. Just as we're pre-programmed to enjoy sex to ensure the propagation of our genes, so some of us are preprogrammed to enjoy raising our kids for the same reason. For me it's a deeply satisfying job, and one that I wish I had begun long ago.

Yes, and the sooner you have kids the more likely it is that you will be alive to enjoy seeing your grandkids too. Then the circle is complete.

HOLA4419

Started watching Babylon 5 with the final episode of the third season, "Z'ha'dum".

rolleyes.gif

I've just started, too. Somehow I missed it entirely first time around. I bought Amazon's 'All you can eat' box set and I'm currently about 10 episodes in. Although, so far, it's a pleasant way to spend the last 45 minutes of the day, I do find myself wondering how on earth they managed to make so much of it. I guess it must get much better as it goes along.

Edit to add: Just read the rest of the thread, so now I feel i ought to add:

Farscape - I agree, well worth the watch, grown up SciFi, despite/because of the muppets (although i watched that from the first episode being aired, so not late to that party).

Little Britain - I had the same 'WTF' reaction. I have an odd and diverse SOH, but I just dont find anything funny about it.

Sex, definately discovered that late.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

How to double bow my shoelaces. I was about 30 at the time and shouting at my trainers that had come undone (again). My other half was incredulous that I hadn't just double bowed them. He had to explain what I had to do.

:o

Truly shocking! That's one of those things that you assume everybody knows.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest X-QUORK

Red Dwarf.

I had not telly when it first aired. I only discovered it years later when I flat shared wit a couple of girls who watched it.

Really? I've always thought it's probably just about right for 13 year old boys.

HOLA4425

Archived