House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest X-QUORK

Late To The Party?

Guest X-QUORK

I've just started watching Family Guy...it's fecking hilarious!

Guest theboltonfury

Started renting at 32.

Always, but I always leave late too! <_<

Started watching Babylon 5 with the final episode of the third season, "Z'ha'dum".

:rolleyes:

Started watching Babylon 5 with the final episode of the third season, "Z'ha'dum".

:rolleyes:

I've just acquired the DVDs for B5

I watched it from the second season on at the time - gripping stuff.

Yeah I have trouble convincing my family that this is not moronic TV. (stepdaughter likes watching that bimbo channel that has the Kardashian sisters show and lots of stuff about plastic surgery).

I tell them if they understood the jokes and cultural references they would realise how thoughtful and clever it is.....

Doesn't work.

Good isn't it? :)

Mine is House, only just started watching it and I think it's the ducks nuts.

Correction: duck's willy. They're huge, they drag along the ground just after you-know-what. You never get to see the nuts, I think they're internal.

Family guy is amazing,

if you like that watch American Dad, same writers, and if you like a bit more sureal Robot Chicken, written by Seth Greene. i love them all, my G/F doesnt get 99.9% of the jokes and this its crap.

a few friends say B5 is worth the watch, i watched it when it was on C4 years ago and i couldnt get into it, but i did like farscape,

i am yet to watch Battlestar Galatica (the new series) which people go on about,

on my list of so call amazing programes are:

Lost - Never watched

Prison break - never watched

and other stuff i forget

Family guy is amazing,

if you like that watch American Dad, same writers, and if you like a bit more sureal Robot Chicken, written by Seth Greene. i love them all, my G/F doesnt get 99.9% of the jokes and this its crap.

a few friends say B5 is worth the watch, i watched it when it was on C4 years ago and i couldnt get into it, but i did like farscape,

i am yet to watch Battlestar Galatica (the new series) which people go on about,

on my list of so call amazing programes are:

Lost - Never watched

Prison break - never watched

and other stuff i forget

I can recommend Battlestar Galactica. Everyone goes on about how fit the blonde is, I think she's a bit skinny and you can clearly see she has fake t1ts. Other than that its cool, oh and boomer 'hubba hubba'.

There is hope for you after all !!

Stewie is comedy gold. And as for Lois ? Hubba. Old Herb is genius too. In fact they are all genius.

Well if we're talking TV shows and not existential questions, then Californication. I watched all 3 series back to back and kept thinking it'd soon get as good as it promised to be in series 1, but it didn't quite. It was refreshingly adult though.

Oh and Peep Show - only saw that last year. Super.

i read colin wilson's "the outsider" in my mid-20s and discovered existentialism, easterm mysticism, the Romantic Movement and more besides, all which i'd been quite ignorant of hitherto (i did a science degree) and was amazed to discover that all these big ideas that seemed so fresh and yet pre-dated me were so little discussed today.

amazon review By Malli (Mumbai, India):

"In April-2000, when an exceptional heat wave had gripped the city of Mumbai in India, a young man, aged 27, stepped out of his house in Mehboob Studio and headed toward Lotus Book House". That was me last year. Over the first 3 months of the year 2000, some strange kind of uneasiness had gripped me.I was feeling divorced from most things and I could not pin down this sense of desolation. Completely led by chance, I ended up picking 'The Outsider' in a bookshop that April. I had no clue who Colin Wilson was or what the book was about. Some manifestation of the acausality principle of Carl Jung was at work I guess. My verdict on the book which is heartfelt and directly from experience(which is the only way one can be true to the book) is that 'The Outsider' is one of the most illuminating books that I have read in my life. The book is a scintillating journey that explores the position of the individual in the cosmos. After reading this book, I have read every single book mentioned in it which is an illustrious list that includes, Sartre's - 'Nausea; Hesse's - Sidhhartha, Narcissus & Goldmund, Steppenwolf, The Magister Ludi; Dostoyvesky's - Crime & Punishment, The Brother's Karamazov..the list is endless. I will recommend it to anyone who wants to explore the question of Man - the individual as against Man - the clock-work mechanism/ cog in the wheel . More importantly, the book is an experience; whatever I have written is only a description of that experience. An experience and its description can never be the same. This principle holds true for 'The outsider'. The reader will realise as he reads that the concepts and survival mechanisms of day-to-day banalities sorrounding his consciousness dissolve and that in some way this book gives rise to that 'oceanic feeling' of enlightenment."

http://www.amazon.com/Outsider-Colin-Wilson/product-reviews/0874772060/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Guest happy?

i read colin wilson's "the outsider" in my mid-20s and discovered existentialism, easterm mysticism, the Romantic Movement and more besides, all which i'd been quite ignorant of hitherto (i did a science degree) and was amazed to discover that all these big ideas that seemed so fresh and yet pre-dated me were so little discussed today.

amazon review By Malli (Mumbai, India):

"In April-2000, when an exceptional heat wave had gripped the city of Mumbai in India, a young man, aged 27, stepped out of his house in Mehboob Studio and headed toward Lotus Book House". That was me last year. Over the first 3 months of the year 2000, some strange kind of uneasiness had gripped me.I was feeling divorced from most things and I could not pin down this sense of desolation. Completely led by chance, I ended up picking 'The Outsider' in a bookshop that April. I had no clue who Colin Wilson was or what the book was about. Some manifestation of the acausality principle of Carl Jung was at work I guess. My verdict on the book which is heartfelt and directly from experience(which is the only way one can be true to the book) is that 'The Outsider' is one of the most illuminating books that I have read in my life. The book is a scintillating journey that explores the position of the individual in the cosmos. After reading this book, I have read every single book mentioned in it which is an illustrious list that includes, Sartre's - 'Nausea; Hesse's - Sidhhartha, Narcissus & Goldmund, Steppenwolf, The Magister Ludi; Dostoyvesky's - Crime & Punishment, The Brother's Karamazov..the list is endless. I will recommend it to anyone who wants to explore the question of Man - the individual as against Man - the clock-work mechanism/ cog in the wheel . More importantly, the book is an experience; whatever I have written is only a description of that experience. An experience and its description can never be the same. This principle holds true for 'The outsider'. The reader will realise as he reads that the concepts and survival mechanisms of day-to-day banalities sorrounding his consciousness dissolve and that in some way this book gives rise to that 'oceanic feeling' of enlightenment."

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

What a turgid load of shite - anything described as a scintillating journey must be so far up it's own **** that it doesn't even know what scintillating means

What a turgid load of shite - anything described as a scintillating journey must be so far up it's own **** that it doesn't even know what scintillating means

... not read it then.

you wouldn't like it.

stick to the beano.

Oh and Peep Show - only saw that last year. Super.

I like to think I have my finger on the pulse but admit that is one that did pass me by, watched it from about series 4 and went off to download the lot the next day.

Also Father Ted.

I like to think I have my finger on the pulse but admit that is one that did pass me by, watched it from about series 4 and went off to download the lot the next day.

Also Father Ted.

Same with Little Britain, watched it once and within five minutes in had my "What the f*ck?" face on.

Also insert The Mighty Boosh into this category.

Also insert The Mighty Boosh into this category.

When I saw the trailers for the original series it looked really good and I was keen to watchit, but I never got the chance and missed the first and second series completely. Caught the Old Gregg episode on a plan journey and was totally hooked.

I watched an episode of The Mighty Boosh the other day - it's so surreal as to be pretty much unwatchable and I like surreal.

You have the wrong postcode? :blink:

I watched an episode of The Mighty Boosh the other day - it's so surreal as to be pretty much unwatchable and I like surreal.

I don't think it is surreal.

I think it desperately wants to be surreal. It jumps out of bed, runs down the stairs rubbing it's big innocent eyes, straight to the front door hoping, dreaming, praying, that this time, this once, just maybe the postman has delivered it's certificate of surrealism. As usual its just a hand written note saying it is shit.

Not in the least bit amusing.

Perfect for those who want to believe they have an unusual sense of humour though.

I've just realised how easy it is to start a barbecue. Get one of those chimney devices - three sheets of newspaper, top up with ordinary charcoal (no lighter fluid stuff to ruin the taste, and you don't need the compacted nuggets), set a match to the base and ... perfect glow within ten minutes. Tip the coals out, add a lump of wood, strong heat for two hours. Great smokey flavour.