House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rjs

Where To Buy In Altrincham

Hi,

I have recently come across this website and I am finding it immensely useful. I was wondering if someone could advise me on desirable areas in Altrincham. My circumstances are:

In the catchment area of a good school

near a metorlink or on public transport route to go to manchester piccadally

3-4 bedroom

My budget:

250-320K

I have been told that broadheath is not the best area.

Is the south- southwest of altrincham a better area?

I will b grateful for any advise.

Thanks a lot

Rj

There are several threads concerning the area in this sub-forum, I would recommend you have a look through those for starters.

I have recently moved to the tree roads area of Altrincham and am very happy here although, due to high prices, I am renting.

There are several threads concerning the area in this sub-forum, I would recommend you have a look through those for starters.

I have recently moved to the tree roads area of Altrincham and am very happy here although, due to high prices, I am renting.

Thanks. I have read some posts but they dont really mention desirable roads... or may be I am not looking properly. Will do that again today.

thanks

Rj

Thanks. I have read some posts but they dont really mention desirable roads... or may be I am not looking properly. Will do that again today.

thanks

Rj

Have a look at Timperley/Brooklands area. Trams to Manchester and lots of affordable semis. I work in Alty and quite like the terraces and semi near Stamford Park and the football ground. It's not as plush as the Hale/Bowdon side but is still very leafy and has a nice feel to it.

Guest theboltonfury

Hi,

I have recently come across this website and I am finding it immensely useful. I was wondering if someone could advise me on desirable areas in Altrincham. My circumstances are:

In the catchment area of a good school

near a metorlink or on public transport route to go to manchester piccadally

3-4 bedroom

My budget:

250-320K

I have been told that broadheath is not the best area.

Is the south- southwest of altrincham a better area?

I will b grateful for any advise.

Thanks a lot

Rj

I used to live Navigation Road. Not great. Try Timperley or turn right at The Wheatsheaf and check out round there.

You've not been very specific with your requirements (e.g. 'good school' - primary? secondary? both? private? etc

But generally, Bowdon and Hale are more expensive, radiating back out towards the Altrincham side of Hale Road. So you could be looking between Hale Road and Grove Lane for instance and around Stamford Park for Altrincham. Metro mostly within walking distance. There may be some terraraces within that price range in Bowdon Vale (around Vicarage Lane/Priory rd - back of the cricket/hockey club), which are within walking distance of primary schools if that is a top priority. Then move back towards M/cr around Navigation Road (metro) and Timperley where you'll probably find far more choice in that price range or keep going towards Sale for shedloads of bigger 3 bed semis with gardens if you prefer than suburbia feel.

This may help

Still looking for a house in Bowdon.

More on the market now and prices are a bit lower. been to view a few.

I am a bit surprised at the road noise, I suppose it is that or the planes taking off in hale barns!

Still looking for a house in Bowdon.

More on the market now and prices are a bit lower. been to view a few.

I am a bit surprised at the road noise, I suppose it is that or the planes taking off in hale barns!

In which case you may wish to avoid Knutsford/Mobberley!

Road noise is probably the A556/Chester Rd, depending on where you were. Moving back from there even a short way makes a big difference.

Message me if you want the 'unvarnished truth' on anything specific/road/location etc.

In which case you may wish to avoid Knutsford/Mobberley!

Road noise is probably the A556/Chester Rd, depending on where you were. Moving back from there even a short way makes a big difference.

Message me if you want the 'unvarnished truth' on anything specific/road/location etc.

Thanks, RK, what do you say about church roads?

And, proximity to A roads, does that drop the value significantly

in places like Hale and Bowdon?