House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest happy?

Ken Clarke

Fatboy Clarke is just a member of that ancient and probably accurate Tory tradition,

"Prison is an expensive way to make bad people worse."

Of course some people have to go to prison.

But I suspect most of the people that do, don't.

Ghastly word 'progressive'. Brings to mind daft women with frizzy hair. Does he mean that Ken Clarke seemed to be a decent bloke?

Just means theyve devalued the words 'social democrat' and 'liberal' into meaning nothing. And theyll do the same with 'progressive' within a couple of years.

But I suspect most of the people that do, don't.

We seem to be good at missing the ones that should go and sending a lot that shouldn't. I wouldn't care to speculate how to tell the difference though. And I second whoever said that progressive, when used in a political context, is a horrible word which means absolutely nothing. Cancer may be progressive, politics are just good or bad depending on your point of view.