House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blobloblob

Gold Price Falls Off A Cliff

I don't understand these things at all. Why would it fall today, when all the other economic news today has been bad?

Maybe people are slowly figuring out that the vi spin from the goldbugs is no less untrustworthy than the vi spin from the pwroperdee bridage ....

Give me a warehouse full of tinned stuff anyday. WTSHTF see what gold tastes like in a buttie.

I don't understand these things at all. Why would it fall today, when all the other economic news today has been bad?

Commodities always fall before July 4th Holiday in USA. They invest in bonds and cash and at the end of next week, it will rise again.

BUY BUY BUY! Get your cheap gold whilst you can.

Marc Faber nailed it recently. To paraphrase: don't whine about the manipulation; be grateful for the cheap gold. Whatever you do, don't sell your physical or gold mining shares.

The ridiculousness of today's shakeout tells me it'll go parabolic soon due to something world changing being very close. (I wouldn't want to be in Iran right now.)

Marc Faber nailed it recently. To paraphrase: don't whine about the manipulation; be grateful for the cheap gold. Whatever you do, don't sell your physical or gold mining shares.

The ridiculousness of today's shakeout tells me it'll go parabolic soon due to something world changing being very close. (I wouldn't want to be in Iran right now.)

It's due a correction. Too long at almost the same price. Those with the indicators would explain. It might fall some more. But what that tells me is that the 'full on' crash is nearing the cliff edge. The price of gold and silver will recover very dramatically if we have a proper fall of stock markets. Hard to say on other metals, although Palladium and Platinum will be good post crash. And Dr Marc Faber will be proved right.

Because markets are not always logical? Whatever the reason, gold is volatile and will probably become more so in the future. Incidentally, it's over 5% down right now!

It's due a correction. Too long at almost the same price. Those with the indicators would explain. It might fall some more. But what that tells me is that the 'full on' crash is nearing the cliff edge. The price of gold and silver will recover very dramatically if we have a proper fall of stock markets. Hard to say on other metals, although Palladium and Platinum will be good post crash. And Dr Marc Faber will be proved right.

I agree that a correction is not really surprising considering recent gains.

What do you mean by 'the 'full on' crash is nearing the cliff edge' ?

Maybe people are slowly figuring out that the vi spin from the goldbugs is no less untrustworthy than the vi spin from the pwroperdee bridage ....

Hmmm... perhaps, although you should have seen the comments when gold fell from a high of $740 down to $590 (RB must have wet himself). $740 gold seems a long time ago now.

As a fairly new investor, I too was a little spooked by the sudden drop. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that too many economies are in a poor state for it to stay down. As predicted by Gman it shoots back up a few days later. Now very very happy I didn't listen to the 'bubble has burst' merchants and bottle it at the bottom. Also there are a lot of people far more informed than me advising people to take advantage of the temporary drop in price of gold, and saying it's about the only safe thing to have your money in right now.

Reckon I'll stick with what I've got and hopefully that'll be rewarded over the next couple of months.