House Price Crash Forum

June Manufacturing Growth Down

HOLA441

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/june-manufacturing-growth-eases-from-15-year-high-reuters_molt-466698e566dc.html?x=0

June manufacturing growth eases from 15-year high
Matt "Matthew" Falloon, 9:43, Thursday 1 July 2010
LONDON (Reuters) - A rebound in manufacturing slowed in June from the previous month's 15-year high as
export order growth all but ran out of steam
, a survey showed on Thursday, suggesting the sector's recovery may have peaked.

TBH, it amazes me that there has been any growth at all over the last few months. Book cooking perhaps.

The bad news is starting to flow like a torrent now. Our bloated housing market is looking down as the sand washes away beneath its feet.

HOLA442

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/june-manufacturing-growth-eases-from-15-year-high-reuters_molt-466698e566dc.html?x=0

LONDON (Reuters) - A rebound in manufacturing slowed in June from the previous month's 15-year high as
, a survey showed on Thursday, suggesting the sector's recovery may have peaked.

TBH, it amazes me that there has been any growth at all over the last few months. Book cooking perhaps.

The bad news is starting to flow like a torrent now. Our bloated housing market is looking down as the sand washes away beneath its feet.

I think you find that whisky falls under manufacturing and the weak Pound means that Asia has been buying up as much of the stuff as can be made.

HOLA443
PHILIP SHAW, INVESTEC (LSE: INVP.L - news)
"The headline index has held up very well, it's not far off a 15-year high and ostensibly implying very strong growth in the manufacturing sector.
"But we're a little bit sceptical. The one obviously negative point is the large decline in the export index which may be the first indication that the European debt crisis is impacting negatively on trade. It could be a one-off or it could be something more fundamental. We'll have to gauge next month's survey and other evidence to determine if this is the case.
"The easing in price pressures is perhaps not surprising given that we've seen some retracement in commodity prices and sterling has been relatively firm recent. It is indicative that
perhaps the UK isn't suffering from longer-term inflation issues

:o

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/japan-s-business-confidence-highest-in-two-years-afp-9ba76ad75b09.html?x=0

Japan's business confidence highest in two years
David "Dave" Watkins, 10:38, Thursday 1 July 2010
Japanese business confidence has reached its highest level in two years as the world's number two economy continues to recover from its worst slump in decades, the Bank of Japan said Thursday..../
Tokyo shares lost 2.04 percent to close at a seven month low Thursday despite the upbeat survey, with fears for the global economy weighing.

Flights of pigs everywhere today following the spate of doom and gloom.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm finding the news about Chinese and UK manufacturing winding down difficult to square with the 25% increase in container shipping volumes across the Pacific:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ss/10432783.stm

and the improvement in German unemployment data - which is presumably export driven.

I wonder how much of that is from East to West and how much is West to East ?

HOLA4411

I wonder how much of that is from East to West and how much is West to East ?

Either way it puzzles me. Somewhere there are people consuming a hell of a lot more and someone's exporting it to them. Answers on a postcard please because I can't figure it.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest sillybear2

I'm finding the news about Chinese and UK manufacturing winding down difficult to square with the 25% increase in container shipping volumes across the Pacific:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/10432783.stm

and the improvement in German unemployment data - which is presumably export driven.

So why has the Baltic dry index dropped off a cliff recently?

HOLA4414

So why has the Baltic dry index dropped off a cliff recently?

War is peace and all that jazz.

OTOH shipping companies might just have mothballed a few ships therefore squeezing supply a tad. Cus those LCL loads are getting shockingly expensive these days..

HOLA4415

http://uk.finance.ya...e566dc.html?x=0

TBH, it amazes me that there has been any growth at all over the last few months.   Book cooking perhaps.

The bad news is starting to flow like a torrent now.  Our bloated housing market is looking down as the sand washes away beneath its feet.

Someone could have bought something big in last few months. ie and airplane or ship. Or TMP's explanation

HOLA4416

Another tale of timber prices rising by 20% soon on top of the 30% on bulk construction steel prices reprted a few weeks ago.

Just on the basis of price increases manufacturing should be showing some fake growth.

Shows how much a failure trashing sterling has been - now even higher input costs.

Proper ******ed.

HOLA4417