House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Why England Lost

Defence: Leakier than a sieve and possessed all the pace of an asthmatic, crippled snail. Tactically as astute as the Americans in Vietnam the way they spent half their time camped in the German half like a bunch of schoolboys/Scottish Premier league footballers.

Midfield: Can't hold or pass the ball, never mind control the game.

Attack: Can't score goals for toffee.

Goalkeeper: Pushed ball into own net to help other side.

With all of the above, I think 16th in the world is pretty good!

:)

like a bunch of schoolboys/Scottish Premier league footballers.

:)

the German fans were singing

your just a small part of Scotland

just a small part of Scotland

small part of Scotland

:D

funny and factually correct

the German fans were singing

your just a small part of Scotland

:D

funny and factually correct

I don't find it funny in the slightest, then again, I would like to see an England that commands a little respect. That's why I'd prefer it if football was dropped as the national game and the football side that carries the name of our nation, disbanded, until we can produce players who can perform in a manner that better suits our national aspirations.

I'm English. Why should I have to be accused of being "sh!t" just because a bunch of over-hyped footballers are?

I'm English. Why should I have to be accused of being "sh!t" just because a bunch of over-hyped footballers are?

the same way that Scots are all cants because of Brown and Darling ?

what goes around etc etc

Guest Skinty

I'm just amazed that the Germans knew that the chant would be effective. Most of the time they refer to Britain as England.

At the end of the Match of the Day programme "England v Germany" there was the usual musical segment with footage of moments from the game. What I found very interesting was that they showed some old 'colour' footage (at 3:11:58 in the programme) of the Geoff Hurst controversial 1966 goal which made the score 3-2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...land_v_Germany/

The curious thing was that I have never seen that footage before. The camera seems to have been just behind and to the right of the german goal. You can clearly see Geoff Hurst kick the ball and it hits the crossbar and goes vertically down and clearly bounces directly on the line. There is no way that the ball is over the line.

Where does this footage come from ? Have the BBC always had this footage and kept schtum about it ?

At the end of the Match of the Day programme "England v Germany" there was the usual musical segment with footage of moments from the game. What I found very interesting was that they showed some old 'colour' footage (at 3:11:58 in the programme) of the Geoff Hurst controversial 1966 goal which made the score 3-2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...land_v_Germany/

The curious thing was that I have never seen that footage before. The camera seems to have been just behind and to the right of the german goal. You can clearly see Geoff Hurst kick the ball and it hits the crossbar and goes vertically down and clearly bounces directly on the line. There is no way that the ball is over the line.

Where does this footage come from ? Have the BBC always had this footage and kept schtum about it ?

I've just watched the footage (at 3:11:58 as you say) and YOU ARE RIGHT!

It absolutely clearly shows that the ball did NOT cross the line AND I've never seen that footage before!

Where did it suddenly come from????

ohmy.gif

Good old the Germans. I went to a Bundesliga game last year and they were singing football chants at each other in English !!

They are class.

I think the clour footage you refer to came from this film...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166023/

GOAL was released as a feature film in the cinema after the World Cup of 1966.

I went to see it. Apart from the novelty of watching football in colour the actual film was rubbish.

A commentary sounding like a near dead robot reading off the teleprinter adding every cliche you could think of, amplified sounds of the boots kicking the ball, very in depth close ups...

it was truly awful.

NOT a masterpiece!

The colour footage has been around for ages.

The colour footage has been around for ages.

Yes it has but I've never seen that bit before either!

Bring back Sven! When he was the manager he did all the shagging, thus taking the pressure off the players.

He doesn't have the awesome powers of reproductive potency of Gerrard though, apparently his Mrs only has brothers ... :lol:

I think the clour footage you refer to came from this film...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166023/

GOAL was released as a feature film in the cinema after the World Cup of 1966.

I went to see it. Apart from the novelty of watching football in colour the actual film was rubbish.

A commentary sounding like a near dead robot reading off the teleprinter adding every cliche you could think of, amplified sounds of the boots kicking the ball, very in depth close ups...

it was truly awful.

NOT a masterpiece!

The footage is not part of the film GOAL. At least not the version on youTube.

The footage in GOAL is from the usual angle.

I repeat, I wonder where that footage comes from ? I reckon the BBC has kept it secret all these years. I wonder why they showed it at the end of match of the day.

Perhaps somebody has a guilty conscience.

Screenshot-BBC%20iPlayer%20-%20Match%20of%20the%20Day%20Live%3A%202010%20FIFA%20World%20Cup%3A%20England%20v%20Germany%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox.png

I don't find it funny in the slightest, then again, I would like to see an England that commands a little respect. That's why I'd prefer it if football was dropped as the national game and the football side that carries the name of our nation, disbanded, until we can produce players who can perform in a manner that better suits our national aspirations.

Great idea.

Stop concentrating on the world's greatest and most succesfull game and put more effort into a minority sport.

Worked well for the Welsh, hasn't it?

Waste their time playing some irrelevant egg-chasing piece of shit and find themselves a butt of jokes because they can't even come close

to qualifying for the world's greatest tournament.

Great idea.

Stop concentrating on the world's greatest and most succesfull game and put more effort into a minority sport.

Worked well for the Welsh, hasn't it?

Waste their time playing some irrelevant egg-chasing piece of shit and find themselves a butt of jokes because they can't even come close

to qualifying for the world's greatest tournament.

Didn't football evolve from rugby, or was it t'other way around? huh.gif

Worked well for the Welsh, ... find themselves a butt of jokes because they can't even come close to qualifying for the world's greatest tournament.

World Cup 2010: woeful England butt of jokes

• What's the difference between the England team and a tea bag? The tea bag stays in the cup longer.

• I'm shocked at Wayne Rooney's outburst after the Algeria game. Who knew he could even string a sentence together!

• Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" To which the old lady replied, "No way. You got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!"

• What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee.

• What's the difference between Wayne Rooney and Shrek? Shrek can save the day.

• Three hours of football and Robert Green is still England's top scorer.

• I can't believe we only managed a draw against a rubbish team we should easily have beaten. . . . I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian

• What's the difference between a faulty jet engine and Wayne Rooney? The jet engine eventually stops whining.

• Apparently that fan had no trouble slipping into the England dressing room – Robert Green was guarding the door

The diff is I haven't heard any of the jokes about Wales. Care to run one by me?

World Cup 2010: woeful England butt of jokes

• What's the difference between the England team and a tea bag? The tea bag stays in the cup longer.

• I'm shocked at Wayne Rooney's outburst after the Algeria game. Who knew he could even string a sentence together!

• Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" To which the old lady replied, "No way. You got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!"

• What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee.

• What's the difference between Wayne Rooney and Shrek? Shrek can save the day.

• Three hours of football and Robert Green is still England's top scorer.

• I can't believe we only managed a draw against a rubbish team we should easily have beaten. . . . I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian

• What's the difference between a faulty jet engine and Wayne Rooney? The jet engine eventually stops whining.

• Apparently that fan had no trouble slipping into the England dressing room – Robert Green was guarding the door

The diff is I haven't heard any of the jokes about Wales. Care to run one by me?

Can't you read?

I said "find themselves a butt of jokes because they can't even come close to qualifying for the world's greatest tournament."

Can't you see the difference?