House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PropertyGuru

Halifax Rant

God Almighty, those Halifax adverts are doing my nut in. I can't believe I used to be (over a quarter century ago)a Halifax customer (it was a building society then...).

The latest pathetic attempt shows two women in the usual 'faux DJ suite', smiling about how 'good things happen when you're a Halifax customer'.

While I'd probably give the blonde one a little attention, the PATHETIC advert makes me think only a few things.

1. Halifax don't know what they want to be. But they DO know that they DON'T really want to be a bank or building society. They'd rather be a music company, or make sex toys or novelty mugs or something.

2. It takes 2 Halifax employees to string a sentence together.

3. One of them can also be trained to do simple task, like pushing a button when told to. Although talking at the same time is not an option.

4. Halifax employees too dumb to push a button, or read 3 words at a time from a card can make the tea.

5. In a novelty mug.

I am SO glad I don't have to deal with mortgages anymore.

ISA ISA BABY. The chick in that advert would definitley get it.

The HBOS/LLOYDS TSB monstrosity are just treading water until they government can decide what to do with them. Vince Cable wants the big banks split so they are not too big to fail. So we may actually get Halifax back on its own as a traditional building society.

BTW at the moment Halifax are not offering the most competitive mortgage rates should you be mad enough to buy now.

Equally annoying are the HSBC adverts, pressing their so-called 'local' knowledge.

Yet, when I call them I get routed to some guy called Gupta in Bangalore.......

not sure which BS it is but i detest the one with the three seperate 'case studies' in it, there's the old cuople wanting to downsize from their substantial country pwoperdee & then a much younger couple with a baby & a geordie actress playing a bank employee smilingly says in response to a gurgling baby/toddler 'i don't think he's enjoying our mortgage interview'. that one makes me want to hurl a heavy object through the screen.

not sure which BS it is but i detest the one with the three seperate 'case studies' in it, there's the old cuople wanting to downsize from their substantial country pwoperdee & then a much younger couple with a baby & a geordie actress playing a bank employee smilingly says in response to a gurgling baby/toddler 'i don't think he's enjoying our mortgage interview'. that one makes me want to hurl a heavy object through the screen.

NatWest.

Helpful banking!

Wrong on all 5 attempts!

You don't understand what most people are like - i can guarantee that there will be people singing along, laughing out loud and generally thinking what a great advert it is. Sad but true.

ho-hum

God Almighty, those Halifax adverts are doing my nut in. I can't believe I used to be (over a quarter century ago)a Halifax customer (it was a building society then...).

The latest pathetic attempt shows two women in the usual 'faux DJ suite', smiling about how 'good things happen when you're a Halifax customer'.

While I'd probably give the blonde one a little attention, the PATHETIC advert makes me think only a few things.

1. Halifax don't know what they want to be. But they DO know that they DON'T really want to be a bank or building society. They'd rather be a music company, or make sex toys or novelty mugs or something.

3. One of them can also be trained to do simple task, like pushing a button when told to. Although talking at the same time is not an option.

4. Halifax employees too dumb to push a button, or read 3 words at a time from a card can make the tea.

5. In a novelty mug.

me too, its truly vile (thinks its Natwest). In fact I'm thinking there ought to be a social networking aspect to tv ads, where you vote off the worst adverts. HBOS wouldn't last few minutes. At least Howard has gone.

The latest pathetic attempt shows two women in the usual 'faux  DJ suite', smiling about how 'good things happen when you're a Halifax customer'.

1. Halifax don't know what they want to be. But they DO know that they DON'T really want to be a bank or building society. They'd rather be a music company, or make sex toys or novelty mugs  or something.

5. In a novelty mug.

someone posted on here a while back, why all the HBOS "employee's" portrayed in their ads were obese. Not that advert. IME real HBOS employee's are usually obese

Someone I know knows the mother of the big chap in the Halifax "radio station" adverts.

He's an actor. He get quite a lot of work where advertisers don't want to ostracise the public by having people in their ads that are too slim or attractive.

Halifax have had a penchant for incredibly annoying adverts for well over a quarter of a century, though I must agree that their latest outrage takes things to an excruciating new level of repellence.

me too, its truly vile (thinks its Natwest). In fact I'm thinking there ought to be a social networking aspect to tv ads, where you vote off the worst adverts. HBOS wouldn't last few minutes. At least Howard has gone.

I got an advert for Labour on Facebook the other day, something like "Feeling let down by the Lib Dems? Join the Labour party". For non Facebook users, ads can be closed and then they ask you why you closed it, there are a few options such as "not relevant", "misleading" etc - I chose "offensive"! It then says it would use the feedback to make sure the ads they show are more suitable in future.

Apparently LBG has a new head of marketing, so hopefully whoever allowed this atrocity of a campaign will not be allowed to do so again!!

someone posted on here a while back, why all the HBOS "employee's" portrayed in their ads were obese. Not that advert. IME real HBOS employee's are usually obese

Huh! Not the office I used to work in! I'm a size 8 and someone once asked me for advice on how to get a big bum (errr.....eat??). Cow.

didn't halifax also have those shiteverts with the bald roundheaded black guy who tried to squeeze more money out of them so they replaced him with a cartoon?

Jeez. What a shower.

Guest theboltonfury

5. In a novelty mug.

They mostly seem to employ fat people.

its a few years since i last watched a advert......i detest them...sky+ is your friend