House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Once in a lifetime

B&q Struggling

However, Mr Rothwell said: "We remain optimistic over the longer-term prospects for the £16.4billion DIY and gardening sector, with favourable economic, cultural and demographic drivers still in place."

:lol::lol::lol:

more shame on the powers that be as another segment of the working population are about to get 'cut back' into oblivion.

i hope those luvvies at british expats were worth destroying our usual fair economy for.

-even though they are taking the cash and running.......

some LABOUR government this is.

and what a country. ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

When I bought the new kitchen there two months ago, the salesgirl said to me when I commented on the lack of customers, "I know B&Q are in a state of panic. They have already laid off the casuals, and the part timers could be next."

:(

one day we will look back at the likes of B&Q, TK Max and Matalan and see them as simply ships for the passage of time. haunted by the ghosts of shoppers long since past and goods that faded into dust with each passing christmas season.

one day we will return to those empty, desolate sites. defunct and backwatered and windblown. and we will cry for our regrets and the people we can still hear in the echos of the last abandoned trolley wheels, turning to rust in the wind of the spirits, in the ditch, on the crumbling car park boundary.

we can only turn to god and hope he that made these things has stored them for us. for this my friends, is love and life itself. or are we nothing more than fevered, dying animals. all alone. totally alone in life and death and without reason or conscious purpose.

Edited by right_freds_dead

one day we will look back at the likes of B&Q, TK Max and Matalan and see them as simply ships for the passage of time. haunted by the ghosts of shoppers long since past and goods that faded into dust with each passing christmas season.

one day we will return to those empty, desolate sites. defunct and backwatered and windblown. and we will cry for our regrets and the people we can still hear in the echos of the last abandoned trolley wheels, turning to rust in the wind of the spirits, in the ditch, on the crumbling car park boundary.

we can only turn to god and hope he that made these things has stored them for us. for this my friends, is love and life itself. or are we nothing more than fevered, dying animals. all alone. totally alone in life and death and without reason or conscious purpose.

Time for the Samaritans I think.

Time for the Samaritans I think.

and this is on a summer bank holiday. one has to ask - where did the isolation come from.?

the answer is always self inflicted.

why i should be nearing my destination. a fine filly beside me (not unlike a younger joanna lumley). sandwiches cooling in the wind buffeted basket as the morgan throbs along the A1 cutting into the feathered yorkshire moorland, heading north east for scarborough. where a collection of sea shells, salty ears and everlasting candy striped memories awaits.

the gulls hue and cry an excited welcome, the sun hasnt hit the enclaves and the tea shops are still in balance of cold cutlery. theres a sharpness about the cutting of a cup on a saucer. theres milling about the RNLI hut and no colourful shacks are closed. life is sweet.

only im here. and im alone and were all dying, some of us are already dead inside.

memories of dead freinds flap like faded spooled film in an empty, derelict playhouse.

and this is on a summer bank holiday. one has to ask - where did the isolation come from.?

the answer is always self inflicted.

why i should be nearing my destination. a fine filly beside me (not unlike a younger joanna lumley). sandwiches cooling in the wind buffeted basket as the morgan throbs along the A1, cutting the feathered yorkshire moorland heading north east for scarborough. where a collection of sea shells, salty ears and everlasting candy striped memories awaits.

the gulls hue and cry an excited welcome, the sun hasnt hit the enclaves and the tea shops are still in balance of cold cutlery. theres a sharpness about the cutting of a cup on a saucer. theres milling about the RNLI hut and no colourful shacks are closed. life is sweet.

only im here. and im alone and were all dying, some of us are already dead inside.

Fred

You are suffering from Englishness I am afraid, the only cure is to do a runner to boulogne and all points south.

dont stay in this country and try and square the circle you will just drive yourself demented.

get out now before its too late.

Serves them right* for putting a plastic bag 'poll tax' on Scottish stores and nowhere else in the UK. :angry:

* This is, of course, tongue in cheek. I quite like B&Q actually.

Serves them right for selling out of the BBQ I was going to order today. Reduced from £250 to £100.

They've still got one with a flat lid left, reduced from £200 to £80 that I might get instead.

fred - your posts are becoming increasingly morose.

should we be worried?? :unsure:

do i need to send me mum over with a pie to see if you are ok?

fred - your posts are becoming increasingly morose.

should we be worried??  :unsure:

do i need to send me mum over with a pie to see if you are ok?

I have heard about your Mums pie. :P Fred apparently its delicious. ;)

ive been eating it for months.....

dunromy - morose is the new cheerful. ;)

it was like when sophie ellis bextor sang about 'even changing her underwear' in one of her recent songs. well, i advised her not to. the rest is panty history.

ive been eating it for months.....

dunromy - morose is the new cheerful.  ;)

it was like when sophie ellis bextor sang about 'even changing her underwear' in one of her recent songs. well, i advised her not to. the rest is panty history.

Good call Fred. I cannot believe she didnt follow your professional panty song writing advice.

Edited by shakerbaby

Good call Fred. I cannot believe she didnt follow your professional panty song writing advice.

:lol: i knew that sophie ellis bextor panty association image would get you out of your crypt....

myself i'd imagine them to be slim fitting, crisp clean tidy *******. possibly lemon. her mother was slightly off-key but i bet young sophie knows how to handle herself.

I couldn't decide whether I was reading Gone with the Wind or Wuthering Heights!

I thought the DIY places would do OK once people decided they couldn't afford to move so they would do their current homes up.

Shall I go stand in a corner?

I couldn't decide whether I was reading Gone with the Wind or Wuthering Heights!

I thought the DIY places would do OK once people decided they couldn't afford to move so they would do their current homes up.

Shall I go stand in a corner?

I think it will be quite the opposite, people spend money when they move not so much when they stay put. Any attempt to maintain prices any where near where they are will cripple transaction volumes possibly for years and years and it people don't move they don't spedn the money on new carpets, kitchens, bathrooms and everything that goes with it - including spending money on all the trades. The resultant consumer slowdown would thus compound the problems already caused by high debt - effectively both the big debt spenders and the savers go into spending lapse - possibly quite the worse scenario for overall spending.

B&Q were doing car washes out the front for £2.50 today.