House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skomer

Whats Gordon Brown Been Up To.....

Why hasn't he stood down as an MP yet? I hear he hasn't been anywhere near westminster since losing the election and now he's taking public money to write books on subjects which he clearly doesn't understand!

The big bust began in California when the banks began relaxing standards to fuel demand following cheap house prices as a result of the previous crash (89-96). The news of the "gold rush" spread to other states and the bubble was up and inflating fast. The UK, also being a property mad boom and bust state, quickly followed suit courtesy of similarly lax standards courtesy of Brown. Conclusion: The last boom and bust did, indeed, begin in America and we quickly jumped on the liar loan band wagon and ended up in the same hole as a result. Book written.

so Blair Brown Mandy Campbell and Browns ugly wife are all

cashing in with kiss and tell books

quelle surprise

"he is generally regarded as having played a key role in galvanising the global community to action, and been among the first to realise that the crisis was coming."

Are they F**king kidding me or what!!

Ah, the same Gordon Brown who as a student wrote that you should fool your host by taking a carrier bag of bricks to a party pretending it is beer and also wrote that benefits are free money and you should go for everything you could get?

Gordon Brown was a key proponent of the 'poverty is relative' camp.

Gordon Brown is a hero for making Africa less poor on a relative basis.

Has n't the relative improvement in Africa more to do with Chinese 'investment' in that continent ?

Some possible titles for the book:

"How I failed to see the turd approach the fan despite Vince Cable and others warning me in 2003."

"How it began in America and why I didn't take pre-emptive action to stop it coming here."

"How I promised the end of the business cycle but fuelled the biggest bust in history."

"Why liar loans and innovative financing cannot provide a stable housing market."

"My regret at having ever been born."

Some possible titles for the book:

"How I failed to see the turd approach the fan despite Vince Cable and others warning me in 2003."

"How it began in America and why I didn't take pre-emptive action to stop it coming here."

"How I promised the end of the business cycle but fuelled the biggest bust in history."

"Why liar loans and innovative financing cannot provide a stable housing market."

"My regret at having ever been born."

"How I kept an eye on the economy" :rolleyes:

Gordon Brown was a key proponent of the 'poverty is relative' camp.

Gordon Brown is a hero for making Africa less poor on a relative basis.

he made the UK poorer as well , measured by debt

Should we tax more highly those who make money from their public service?

(ie: all speeches, books, tours, fancy pants jobs etc that this shower get after they've crippled the country)

I'm sure his Goldman Sachs handlers will ensure it draws the correct conclusions.

Do you think Gavyn Davies has editorial control via his twittering Mrs?

The man has no sense of irony.

What next? Tony Blair in a diplomatic role in the Middle East? Oh hang on...

Saw on the news today that Blair just got awarded a medal for something to do with "Liberty."

Perhaps for taking diabolical ones?

Guest sillybear2

I wonder if he remembers opening Lehman's new London HQ in 2004 :-

brown_and_fuld2.jpg

"I would like to pay tribute to the contribution you and your company make to the prosperity of Britain," Mr Brown told Lehman bankers in London's Canary Wharf . "During its 150 year history, Lehman Brothers has always been an innovator, financing new ideas and inventions before many others even began to realize their potential."

:lol:

Knob.

Guest sillybear2

Saw on the news today that Blair just got awarded a medal for something to do with "Liberty."

Perhaps for taking diabolical ones?

Yup, he also got $100,000 in dough and he's looking to melt the medal down for cash, or always wear it around his neck like a pimp.

Nevermind, I always wondered what it would be like to live in the final corrupt and decadent days of the Roman empire, the modern world doesn't disappoint.

I wonder if he remembers opening Lehman's new London HQ in 2004 :-

brown_and_fuld2.jpg

"I would like to pay tribute to the contribution you and your company make to the prosperity of Britain," Mr Brown told Lehman bankers in London's Canary Wharf . "During its 150 year history, Lehman Brothers has always been an innovator, financing new ideas and inventions before many others even began to realize their potential."

:lol:

Knob.

Bloke in the photo is Dick, not Knob.

Guest sillybear2

Bloke in the photo is Dick, not Knob.

Dick is standing next to the Giant Knob.