House Price Crash Forum
buytoilet

Ftse Down 1.4% From The Off

Guest Steve Cook

http://news.bbc.co.u...t/3/default.stm

looks like another tough day ahead for the UK

Looks like another tough day ahead for the stock market

Looks like the beginning of the proccess of learing to come to terms with how poor we really are so that we can finally begin the long journey back to some kind of sustainable future.

Edited by Steve Cook

Looks like another tough day ahead for the stock market

Looks like the beginning of the proccess of learing to come to terms with how poor we really so that we can finally begin the long journey back to some kind of sustainable future.

It would appear that all the illusionary wealth which existed on paper has suddenly disappeared. Now people are panicking wondering how the hell they will get paid back the money owed or even the interest to service the debts.

Guest Steve Cook

It would appear that all the illusionary wealth which existed on paper has suddenly disappeared. Now people are panicking wondering how the hell they will get paid back the money owed or even the interest to service the debts.

For a lot of them, they wont.

As it should be. As it needs to be.

Edited by Steve Cook

Today is the first day in weeks that I am feeling confident that the HPC IS underway and will not be delayed for much longer.

All of the fundamentals are now negative with China being the last piece in the puzzle. The West were relying on never ending demand from the East to keep our housing markets (backed by huge bank debt) afloat. It ain't going to happen and its time to face what Cameron has told us is already here: austerity.

The last HPI pigeons to come home to roost are almost home.

China economy cools as tightening bites
Zhou Xin and Alan Wheatley, 8:31, Thursday 1 July 2010
BEIJING (
Reuters
) - The pace of Chinese manufacturing growth slowed in June as government steps to cool the property market and curb bank lending combined with a faltering global recovery to dampen sentiment.

Guest Steve Cook

this isnt fair. surely when you try to extort people for shelter they will find a way to pay ?

The trouble is, if the various stimulus bailouts "work" they won't be paying anyway.

My grandkids will.

No way.

Edited by Steve Cook

All those "Poor" (In every sense) ex BMW drivers.............Oh how i weep (with joy).

How long till the "sheep" start to become "wolfs"............@ that point EVERY CB on the Planet will do what they do best.............PRINT.

Mike

Guest Steve Cook

It's good to see you're broken

But I'm not glad you're hurt

I'm just glad you're back

And that your bubble burst

The dreams that you were chasing

Have left you in the dirt

Things are getting better

Now that things are getting worse

And all the easy money

Is flyng out the door

It's back to basics now

That you have joined the poor

You'll have to meet your neighbours

And find out what you're worth

You've only heard the sermons

Of how much money you are worth

Now you'll have to listen

To the rythms of the earth

There's a brand new order coming

And you will not be first

And all the easy money

Is flyng out the door

It's back to basics now

That you have joined the poor

There's a brand new order coming

And you will not be first

Our blessings don't come easy

That is just our curse

With our foot hard to the pedal

We are in reverse

We'll make more friends out walking

Than driving in that hearse

And all the easy money

Is flying out the door

It's back to basics now

That everyone's the poor

You'll have to meet your neighbours

And find out what you're worth

You know what, I keep looking out the window and there really is nothing happening. In fact nothing for years and years. It all looks exactly the same.

I'm beginning to think this is a human construct.

TFH!

You'll be telling us that 9/11 was a US government false-flag operation next.

Things they are a changing.

During the last 10 years wealth was looked at as assets + debt.

Now its a return to the scales of reality, with assets on one side and debt on the other.

Many people are about to discover they are not rich, or poor, but less than poor.

You know what, I keep looking out the window and there really is nothing happening. In fact nothing for years and years. It all looks exactly the same.

I'm beginning to think this is a human construct.

Not really sure what that means - sounds like The Matrix!

BTW, I had a look through the car classifieds, just out of vague interest (have a wedding to pay for first anyway!). I've started noticing pricing lower than mid/late 2008 on Lotus Elises and VX220s. For the past couple of years, they have bounced back up, but now the prices are back to lower than around the beginning of the credit crunch.

Add to the mix, the talk of no more car scrappage by Vince Cable and we knock away one of the pillars of support during 2009.

I am expecting to see some very cheap motors being sold, particularly through the auctions, in the coming months.

BTW, I had a look through the car classifieds, just out of vague interest (have a wedding to pay for first anyway!). I've started noticing pricing lower than mid/late 2008 on Lotus Elises and VX220s. For the past couple of years, they have bounced back up, but now the prices are back to lower than around the beginning of the credit crunch.

Add to the mix, the talk of no more car scrappage by Vince Cable and we knock away one of the pillars of support during 2009.

I am expecting to see some very cheap motors being sold, particularly through the auctions, in the coming months.

Time they did the same with houses :P

Totally regret getting rid of my short on the FTSE - would have made a few hundred by now.

Dont beat yourself up, NOONE can predict short term movements. longing/shorting the ftse is just gambling. Of course I occasionally have a "flutter" myself B)

Guest Steve Cook

Didn't the DOW drop quickly yesterday evening.

It's just the DOW Tracker FTSE reflecting this.

Yep

The Footsie is the Dow's bitch

Just watch the Footsie around 1:45 pm. It will go all "coy" and hang around a particular value until the Dow opens at 2pm. At which point the Footsie tends to shoot down or up dramatically depending on what "mood" the Dow is in.

Edited by Steve Cook

This afternoon will be interesting ahead of the Euro bank roll-over tomorrow and US job figures on Friday - DOW might go down big time this afternoon sending the FTSE b*****ers into following.