House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Daily Wail: Worries About The Banks, Shares Plunging And A Faltering Housing Market...

Worries about the banks, shares plunging and a faltering housing market... Are we on the brink of a new crash?

The nervy mood on global financial markets of recent days bears an uncanny resemblance to that at the start of the credit crunch three years ago.

The jitters have sent stockmarkets plunging and they reflect well-founded fears that the much-vaunted transition from recession to recovery is far from established.

The truth is that Britain and the global economy face a long period of great uncertainty and slow growth - even if we are unlikely to face the true horror of the double dip recession predicted by pessimists.

...../

Economists are warning that house prices are once again set to fall as family incomes are squeezed hard by surging taxes with the jump in VAT from 17.5 per cent to 20 per cent laying in wait for January.

:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1291011/Worries-banks-shares-plunging-faltering-housing-market--Are-brink-new-crash.html

Edited by eric pebble

Worries about the banks, shares plunging and a faltering housing market... Are we on the brink of a new crash?

The nervy mood on global financial markets of recent days bears an uncanny resemblance to that at the start of the credit crunch three years ago.

The jitters have sent stockmarkets plunging and they reflect well-founded fears that the much-vaunted transition from recession to recovery is far from established.

The truth is that Britain and the global economy face a long period of great uncertainty and slow growth - even if we are unlikely to face the true horror of the double dip recession predicted by pessimists.

...../

Economists are warning that house prices are once again set to fall as family incomes are squeezed hard by surging taxes with the jump in VAT from 17.5 per cent to 20 per cent laying in wait for January.

:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail...-new-crash.html

I wonder where we'd be without all those clever economists?

The clever economist puts so many words around a simple idea, and then the journalist comes along and adds another layer of spin.

£ was + $1.50.................looks like the Tory Honeymoon IS over.........................crashing £ will at some point FORCE rates higher..............then we see it !!!!

Got Popcorn?

Mike

Guest Steve Cook

You know what Dubai, I was just wondering that aswelll....;)

F*cking tea-leaf readers....the lot of them

£ was + $1.50.................looks like the Tory Honeymoon IS over.........................crashing £ will at some point FORCE rates higher..............then we see it !!!!

Got Popcorn?

Mike

A "crashing" pound is not going to be the trigger for IR rises...exchange rates are relative-based concept, so what currency exactly is the pound going to crash against?

Maybe they could all get jobs as rocket scientists.

The problem is that the end of the Cold War meant that all of those rocket scientists became bankers and took over the risk taking and measurement responsibility for the increasing complex models that they developed.

Being scientists, they fell for the fallacy that their models completely reflected reality. Once an input to reality that was not included in their model changed dramatically, everything fell apart.

The problem is that the end of the Cold War meant that all of those rocket scientists became bankers and took over the risk taking and measurement responsibility for the increasing complex models that they developed.

Being scientists, they fell for the fallacy that their models completely reflected reality. Once an input to reality that was not included in their model changed dramatically, everything fell apart.

I cant disagree with any of that.

I read that the baking system had emplyed lots of boffins to work out how to con people out of much more money.

They should stick to building magical flying machine/revolutionary hoovers ( that dont work very well) in their garden sheds.

I cant disagree with any of that.

I read that the baking system had emplyed lots of boffins to work out how to con people out of much more money.

They should stick to building magical flying machine/revolutionary hoovers ( that dont work very well) in their garden sheds.

Explains why I still can't buy a hover car or jet pack.

Explains why I still can't buy a hover car or jet pack.

Yes, where the f*cks my flying car.

Tomorrows World promised me we'd all be driving flying cars by the year 2000. That was 10 years ago, and the only thing that's taken off is the tax on petrol.

Tomorrows World promised me we'd all be driving flying cars by the year 2000. That was 10 years ago, and the only thing that's taken off is the tax on petrol.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/7860966/Terrafugia-Transition-flying-car-gets-go-ahead-from-US-air-authorities.html

theyll be bullish again next week

its been a while since i've lived in the UK but can someone explain to me why that bloke is holding up that tatty old briefcase? the budget must be in real bad nick if they can't even afford a new one

Edited by Ruffneck

Your flying car will be delivered shortly after the practical, cost-competitive nuclear fusion plant.