House Price Crash Forum

Uncle Sam Is Getting Nervous

bpw

HOLA441

For the moment put aside the indescretions of the EU and cast off your 'eeers what I fink mate' logic regarding the european union. To understand what's happening you need to free yourself of the manipulation printed in our press, and shed off your cultural brainwashing (the one that leaves half the population socially immobilised by class differences.)

Done that? Good, read on....

I would like to draw your attention to the nonsense being spouted in the USA. In the past, I have drawn your attention to the scam pulled by Wall Street who securtized toxic waste and sold it to pensioners in the EU. Well guess what: Uncle Tom oops Uncle Sam has a new plan and aparrently he's getting upset with the EU becuase they won't swallow more poison: to understand what I mean take a look at what the esteemed Mr. Bergsten is saying at the Peterson Institute. I'll quote for those who dont have time read some of the fascinating stuff of nonsense on thier website:

No one would accuse the eurozone of competitive devaluation. However, there is considerable satisfaction throughout Europe with the weak currency. Martin Wolf of this newspaper has already characterized Europe's de facto strategy to export its way out of stagnation as "stumbling into a beggar-my-neighbor policy.

So there you have it Uncle Sam is getting a little worried that the EU will bolster its economy by taking advantage of the low relative value of the EURO.... imagine that coming from the country that maintained exports with a devalued dollar which once traded at 1.65 against the EURO and 2.11 against the flabbly old pound. The message is clear do as we say and not as we do. This really is going to be a fascinating battle for currency supremancy and my bet is on the EURO.

As for Martin Wolf - what one earth does he smoke - perhaps he's drunk on the value of his overpriced houses or his two thirds salary pension. Clearly not a man with morals.

HOLA442

Wasn't that long ago the US had pretty rampant inflation (food up at 20% click) and a collapsing dollar, something that would prevent them printing wealth in the manner they had become accustomed. Then as if by magic a few downgrades and research notes later Greece is on its knees and attention drawn away from their woes.

Got to laugh that there are any complaints, if there are any problems arising from this situation it is enturely self inflicted. Besides it is not all about currency exchange rates - if your country is an asset bubble bloated basket case that can only export jobs efficiently then therer is nobody else to blame but your own internal economic policies and financial controls - the likes of which the US has done nothing to control, in fact the reverse.

HOLA443

For the moment put aside the indescretions of the EU and cast off your 'eeers what I fink mate' logic regarding the european union. To understand what's happening you need to free yourself of the manipulation printed in our press, and shed off your cultural brainwashing (the one that leaves half the population socially immobilised by class differences.)

Done that? Good, read on....

I would like to draw your attention to the nonsense being spouted in the USA. In the past, I have drawn your attention to the scam pulled by Wall Street who securtized toxic waste and sold it to pensioners in the EU. Well guess what: Uncle Tom oops Uncle Sam has a new plan and aparrently he's getting upset with the EU becuase they won't swallow more poison: to understand what I mean take a look at what the esteemed Mr. Bergsten is saying at the Peterson Institute. I'll quote for those who dont have time read some of the fascinating stuff of nonsense on thier website:

So there you have it Uncle Sam is getting a little worried that the EU will bolster its economy by taking advantage of the low relative value of the EURO.... imagine that coming from the country that maintained exports with a devalued dollar which once traded at 1.65 against the EURO and 2.11 against the flabbly old pound. The message is clear do as we say and not as we do. This really is going to be a fascinating battle for currency supremancy and my bet is on the EURO.

As for Martin Wolf - what one earth does he smoke - perhaps he's drunk on the value of his overpriced houses or his two thirds salary pension. Clearly not a man with morals.

I was following the logic until Euro and supremacy were mentioned in the same sentence.

Euro will be the first to bite the dust.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

US-EU trade balance for recent years (I would guess the imbalance is even greater if you only consider the EZ).

The numbers show why more and more exotic vehicles were invented -- surplus countries needed US consumers to keep spending; but were clearly only prepared to lend those surpluses against some decent-rated security, i.e. not directly via consumers' credit cards. But credit cards is exactly where the surplus countries needed the recycled spending-power to end up, in order for the game to continue.

If surplus countries won't allow the global economy to rebalance by expanding their demand, then what can anyone else do?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414