House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Ot: S&p 500 Head And Shoulders

I suppose it might be relevant if you had a share of every company that made up the s&p 500 but i expect the exposure of most of this forum to the index is hovering just above zero.

I suppose it might be relevant if you had a share of every company that made up the s&p 500 but i expect the exposure of most of this forum to the index is hovering just above zero.

nah - western stockmarkets are very correlated

nah - western stockmarkets are very correlated

In that case why not post the head and shoulders of the ftse100? It should look just the same?

Do most people trade the index or the individual stocks?

That chart shows what it has done for the past 9 months , surely its the next nine that are important?

What exactly is the head and shoulders trying to say?

I was just talking about it in relation to (Doctor) Copper.

Supposedly has a PHD in Economics - but I don't see how that can be. Unless economics is so easy that an inert metal can get a pHd in it.

Anyway - if it leads (as it is supposed to), then.....can't be bothered to finish, it's all rubbish anyway.

21lmtdf.jpg

is that the great spaghetti monster in the sky?

It's a reflection of the Great Unwinding. You will notice that spookily it never doubles back on itself which tends to suggest something unusual going on (for spaghetti at least).

you do have a very good point, that highlights the fatal flaw in the random walk stock market theorists argument , ive never seen one that walked back on itself

In that case why not post the head and shoulders of the ftse100? It should look just the same?

Do most people trade the index or the individual stocks?

The FTSE 100 is almost identical to that. The question is will it break up or down?

The FTSE 100 is almost identical to that. The question is will it break up or down?

What, given the current economic situation and the lack of willingness to continue printing money, would cause it to break up?

What, given the current economic situation and the lack of willingness to continue printing money, would cause it to break up?

if the market simply moved in the direction of sentiment and obvious forward looking news wed all be billionnaires and Realist bear would be seen as a genius on here.

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

On the subject of technial analysis, thoughts on the Nikkei 225 making long term double bottom -

2009_11_10_Japonsko_Graf_Nikkei_225_historical.png

I droped Marc Faber an email asking if Japan was now in Phase 0 of a new bull market and he replied yes. This is the only truely cheap market out there IMO.

Edited by ringledman

A Head and shoulders "top" gives short term traders a sell "trigger" price (a daily/weekly price close beneath the neckline) and a target price (the green zone).

It doesn't necessarily mean a new downtrend will occur though.