House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cica

Registering A Company

Morning :D

I want to register a company. Is easier to just get it out of my hair and use one of these services that do it for you?

There's one called registeracompany dot co dot uk which seems to look legitimate.

I've just handed in my notice to my employer and I'm going it alone with my savings that I was going to buy a house with.

Ta!

I want to register a company. Is easier to just get it out of my hair and use one of these services that do it for you?

There's one called registeracompany dot co dot uk which seems to look legitimate.

I've just handed in my notice to my employer and I'm going it alone with my savings that I was going to buy a house with.

Ta!

I used one called "The Formations Company" seemed ok and you get £25 cashback when you open an account with Barclays. This meant that the acual company formation was free - well, effectively I was paid to form my own company as it was £18.99 or something.

Yes.

You're paying for the fact that they know what needs to be done: the legal/red tape details. Well worth it, unless perhaps you can do it all yourself in an hour (which maybe you can if you happen to be a company lawyer, but not if you have a learning curve).

FWIW, we went to one of those despite my colleague already being somewhat expert in the subject, from his then-job (with a firm of accountants) supporting small companies in the region!

Ta!

Good for you.

Yes it's easier.

Unless you're really strapped for cash, find an accountant who will spoon-feed you.

Ta!

If you do it yourself, you still need a solicitor to sign off the papers. It is much easier and quicker to get someone to do the whole thing for you.

I've not heard of the specific formation agent you mention, but dodgy company formation agents don't seem to be a major problem so you will probably be fine.

You will need an accountant to prepare the annual accounts and tax returns unless you are an accountant yourself, so it is probably a good idea to get them to set everything up for you including the company.

Guest X-QUORK

Lost our house money on a failed business. Good luck though.

Lost our house money on a failed business. Good luck though.

Thanks. I won't pretend I'm not a little nervous but I'm convinced I can get something going. We'll see. I work for a company who is making money doing their thing very badly and likewise their rivals. I've done all I can to give them all-time record breaking sales rescuing them from the recession but there's so much more I can do (we disagree on priorities to get growth) so I figured I'd go it alone and do it myself after problems with my boss (withholding my bonus etc.).

I used one called "The Formations Company" seemed ok and you get £25 cashback when you open an account with Barclays. This meant that the acual company formation was free - well, effectively I was paid to form my own company as it was £18.99 or something.

As long as the Barclays account charges don't come to more than that :)

(though if there's no lock-in period, you could always move elsewhere)