House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Gunman's Threat To Bank Hostages: 'i've Lost My House... You're Going To Lose Your Money'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290573/Gunman-centre-hour-bank-siege-drunk-imitation-weapon.html

The armed robber who took 15 people hostage in a bank shouted 'I've lost a house, you're going to lose your money', it was alleged yesterday.

Wielding an imitation shotgun, the man named locally as Matthew Nutley, 36, is said to have threatened to kill two terrified members of staff if the bank manager didn't open the safe.

Last night the home of Nutley's 63-year-old mother Ann was searched by police with sniffer dogs.

Yesterday hostages told how the robber, who triggered a three-hour siege at a Barclays branch in Ashford near Heathrow, then bizarrely plied them with vodka.

Dressed in a boiler suit and wearing welding goggles, the masked raider staggered into the bank clutching a fake gun and a Tesco bag containing two litres of vodka, cigarettes and a batch of boiler suits.

Slurring his words, he is said to have ordered the bank manager to empty the safe, shouting: 'I've lost a house, you're going to lose your money.'

In a scene reminiscent of the Clive Owen movie Inside Man, he allegedly put a gun to the head of one of his prisoners, threatening to shoot if they did not don boiler suits to confuse police.

The gunman also forced staff to spray paint the windows black as armed police surrounded the building, it was claimed.

But once the bank manager had handed over a bag of cash, the robber appeared to relax and tried to get his hostages to drink vodka with him.

Unsteady on his feet, it was claimed he also offered his prisoners cigarettes, saying he wanted them to be 'calm and relaxed' even though they had their hands bound with plastic ties.

Hostage Dan Beedell, 31, who works as a youth pastor in Ashford, said: 'I can only assume that he was very angry with the bank for some reason. He came in and was very demanding and assertive. He shouted "everyone get down on the f****** ground".

'He was carrying a Tesco black recyclable bag that had the boiler suits in and two litre bottles of Absolut vodka. Four boiler suitswere dropped on to the floor and he asked four of us to put them on.

I'm surprised that it's took this long for something like this to happen here.

"But once the bank manager had handed over a bag of cash, the robber appeared to relax and tried to get his hostages to drink vodka with him."

:lol::ph34r::lol::ph34r:

Slurring his words, he is said to have ordered the bank manager to empty the safe, shouting: 'I've lost a house, you're going to lose your money.'

Hostage Dan Beedell, 31, who works as a youth pastor in Ashford, said: 'I can only assume that he was very angry with the bank for some reason.

Dan - i think i have an idea what.....

"But once the bank manager had handed over a bag of cash, the robber appeared to relax and tried to get his hostages to drink vodka with him, while he outlined his plan to build a BTL empire with the proceeds of the robbery"

Ameded for you.

"Look mate - the building is surrounded by armed police - the only way you're getting out of here is in cuffs of a bag."

"Won't happen here - this is Ashford. Profits from a bank job only ever go up etc etc "

What could have made buying a house in Ashford unaffordable, hmm?

It's the "other" Ashford. The Bank in question is in Middlesex!

tim

He's right though, he has lost his house and they are going to / have lost their money.

He's right though, he has lost his house and they are going to / have lost their money.

Tonkers - I've always wanted to ask, is your avatar an asteroid photo with data dropouts, A censored photo from the readers wives section of "Spud Weekly"

laugh.gif Clearly insane. Everybody knows banks don't have any money.

They would have asked him for his passport ... and then he would have had to take it out in amounts less than 1000GBP and 996GBP is OK bu if you try to take out 999GBP thats still to much...

Dan Beedell: not the smartest hostage in a bank.

I know, I'm staggered Dan didn't take the opportunity to sell the robber another mortgage with that money he'd just stolen....

Tonkers - I've always wanted to ask, is your avatar an asteroid photo with data dropouts, A censored photo from the readers wives section of "Spud Weekly"

It is a very naughty hamster that I had a bit of a thing for and someone on the internet made me that picture. Here is the uncensored critter:

cute-hamster.jpg

He's a tease, right?

They would have asked him for his passport ... and then he would have had to take it out in amounts less than 1000GBP and 996GBP is OK bu if you try to take out 999GBP thats still to much...

and only in new fivers

It is a very naughty hamster that I had a bit of a thing for and someone on the internet made me that picture. Here is the uncensored critter:

cute-hamster.jpg

He's a tease, right?

At last, I know what your photo is of ! That's been bugging me for ages. Green carpet isn't for me though, glad you're is a B&W photo.

You may all laugh at this, but if the entitlement generation start finding their wealth was imaginary and based on their children agreeing to become slaves, and they have nothing to look forward to except retirement in abject poverty, this will become a lot more common, except the age of the offender will be in the early 60s.

So that's why I heard so many sirens yesterday... if houses in the chav-hole of Ashford are expensive then there's definitely something wrong. *nervously glances a few miles to the west*

cute-hamster.jpg

He's a tease, right?

Now I finally get the attraction to hamsters and gerbils.

Do you have a photo without the fur coat?

Guest Noodle

Now I finally get the attraction to hamsters and gerbils.

Do you have a photo without the fur coat?

Sure, here you go . . .

4161348860_0781776bd7.jpg

All this strife!!!

All the man had to do was have a chat with Injin and he would have realised the debt was not legally binding as the money never existed in the first place, and he could just take the bank to court and get his house for freeeeeee!