House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Hpi June 2010 0.1%

HOLA441

House prices rise 3% in first half of the year

The price of a typical UK property inched up by 0.1% in June

Annual rate of house price inflation drops from 9.8% to 8.7%

Budget has mixed implications for the housing market

For more information on our June 2010 Press Release click here.

South West shows strongest regional growth over the quarter

UK house prices increased by 1.9% quarter-on-quarter in Q2

Annual growth in the South West reaches double digits

Northern Ireland the only region to see prices fall this quarter

For more information on our Q2 2010 Press Release click here.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

..it won't happen in the UK, sorry guys. I've lost my faith on June 22. <_<

Really? I'm always suprised when I here that people have given up over the last month or two. Even in the face of more HPC evidence than we have ever seen before.

You bought a house yet then?

HOLA447

Really? I'm always suprised when I here that people have given up over the last month or two. Even in the face of more HPC evidence than we have ever seen before.

Seem to be a lot of new members joined lately with "surprisingly" un-bearish opinions.

EAs and mortgage-brokers with a lot more time on their hands?

HOLA448

..it won't happen in the UK, sorry guys. I've lost my faith on June 22. <_<

The more bears that turn bull, the closer you know a HPC is

Halifax negative, Land registry negative, Nationwide +0.1% (the lowest possible) - looks like falls are coming to me.

HOLA449

I've noticed the last couple of months on the site and from my own swings of emotion on the matter that the last bears are turning bull. So shouldn't be to long now.

HOLA4410

Seem to be a lot of new members joined lately with "surprisingly" un-bearish opinions.

...yes I have joined the forum recently but I watch this website regularly EVERY DAY since mid 2007.

..and yes I don't believe in HPC in the UK any time soon. I was going to buy a house but I am not going put my family in debt for another 30 years or so. I rather rent and spend the extra many on some prime steroids :P

HOLA4411

More like people are sick of some of the dribble that is typed out.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Bad news for me. I though there was going to be a slight fall. The difference between +0.1% and -0.1% is not huge, but it's massive in terms of market sentiment. No longer can headlines scream "House prices rise".

There's been a lot of negative sentiment in the press over the last couple of weeks, very helpful. But while sellers still see "prices rising" they will not capitulate. We need a good 2-3 months of negative indicies for people to be convinced that the house price "miracle" is over. Then the correction can begin.

Puts my probable purchase date back by another month :angry:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Bad news for me. I though there was going to be a slight fall. The difference between +0.1% and -0.1% is not huge, but it's massive in terms of market sentiment. No longer can headlines scream "House prices rise".

Pff not really - if it had been a 0.1% fall the headline would be "Year on year rise of 8%".

And the other two major indices ARE negative.

I'm expecting all three indices to be negative for virtually every month from September to December - autumn is the time of crashes.

Edited by scottbeard

HOLA4417

Pff not really - if it had been a 0.1% rise the headline would be "Year on year rise of 8%".

And the other two major indices ARE negative.

I'm expecting all three indices to be negative for virtually every month from September to December - autumn is the time of crashes.

...well I hope u r right about that. <_<

HOLA4418

Sligtly harse, Im a Broker and ive read this forum since 2007, Yes of course pre 2007 my industry was a good earner etc, but at the same time I love the fact the Crash has made my Job less of a money spinner and our numbers are shrinking month on month. Far to many Cab driving Brokers for my liking. I still have suffcient business to get by. As a result virtually every lender has a different lending policy, and approach to lending making the need to see a broker much more the case than pre 2007. Thats after most lenders have tried 'dual princing' to get the business direct and cut out the broker. But most people dont trust or like banks. why after the biggest crash in out lifetime would that change?

I dont happen to think we are on the the verge of either a boom or a bust, I think the powers that be are trying every trick in the book to stagnate the house prices. A Day doesnt go by without two articles completly different to the other. Yes of course things can change and certain elements are out of the goverments control, but while they have cards still to play (Printy Printy) and keep the bond markets happy with the cuts (keeping rates low) I think yes in real terms property drops but not in Nominal terms. They have vested to much money to ignore this fact and any goverment would know the importance of this. That being said over the medium term I think thry intend to address this and take away its dependance on joe public. I have found the level of information on this site great and has enabled me to keep a balanced view on the goings on in the world rather than the one sided view of the media...

HOLA4419

but while they have cards still to play

That's the key point Bozzbozz. They've kept the banking industry afloat until it gets back on its feet, but its showing no signs of getting back on its feet and they're running out of cards. Governments can only prop the market up for so long.

HOLA4420

There's been a lot of negative sentiment in the press over the last couple of weeks, very helpful. But while sellers still see "prices rising" they will not capitulate. We need a good 2-3 months of negative indicies for people to be convinced that the house price "miracle" is over. Then the correction can begin.

Puts my probable purchase date back by another month :angry:

Actually the headlines on this are pretty negative (bar the BBC!) most are along the lines of 'house price inflation slowing' 'market faltering' etc

I expect all major indicies to be negative as from next month on. The only major ones left are this one and rightmove asking prices at 0.3%

HOLA4421

Actually the headlines on this are pretty negative (bar the BBC!) most are along the lines of 'house price inflation slowing' 'market faltering' etc

I expect all major indicies to be negative as from next month on. The only major ones left are this one and rightmove asking prices at 0.3%

The BBC have charted this up now (and can’t hide the fact that the tide is turning)

_48215074_house_prices_june_466.gif

HOLA4422

That's the key point Bozzbozz. They've kept the banking industry afloat until it gets back on its feet, but its showing no signs of getting back on its feet and they're running out of cards. Governments can only prop the market up for so long.

No I do agree but the difference being is 90% of the goverments are in similar shapes! Our ship is taking on water and in bad shape but so are the rest of the fleet so we carry on sailing month after month until things that we think will sink us today are a distant memory. I think the key is and always will be how long the BOE can justify keeping rates as they are. Even if my home lost 10% of its value with rates as they are people are happy to stay because the mortage is so cheap. while i think its highly possible prices can and may drop I dont think it would have the same shock and aww feeling as it did in 2007-2008. I think the media will either blame the previous goverment (driven by murdock) and the good old 'British war like spirit' will kick in over the next 18 months. Yes of course with many Union bumps along the way, The media will print on a daily basis 'we are in this together' and smudge every stat that comes their ways. Will it succeed? who knows but they are going to give it a dam good try and it will run for years to come. By which time most (If they have a job) will pay down chunks of their mortages due to the hidden inflation....

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

The BBC have charted this up now (and can’t hide the fact that the tide is turning)

_48215074_house_prices_june_466.gif

i hate that chart.

the truth is that halifax is showing a few months of small drops, whilst nationwide shows continuing [small] rises... but you'd have to be some kind of genius to deduce it from this useless graphic.

HOLA4425