House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

...........and Then The Roof Fell In.

This is it, we reached the point of no return, when the flag drops the bulsh*t stops....................its over.

I suspect a Major bear run on the markets, once our "real" GDP figs are out & the truth laid bear £ will start to drop BIG time..........it will be a race to the bottom....one which for once Britian will win.

The "Phoney war" is over..........now it begins!

Mike

Someone should start a Black Wednesday thread?

It is a black decade with a few counter-trend bright spots and many trend confirming dark spots.

It is not an interesting story in a place where threads disappear into obscurity within a day or two.

This is it, we reached the point of no return, when the flag drops the bulsh*t stops....................its over.

I suspect a Major bear run on the markets, once our "real" GDP figs are out & the truth laid bear £ will start to drop BIG time..........it will be a race to the bottom....one which for once Britian will win.

Mike

I think you're right about the 2nd half of 2010 being scary, except i dont think the UK or the £ will come off *that much* worse than the US and EZ - the problems are widespread. To put it another way, we might finish bottom of the league, but the US and EZ will be in the relegation zone too, with not many more points.

I see March 2009 to June 2010 as more of "Half Time" than a phoney war. After a turbulent first half (July 2007 - March 2009) the players are now assuming their positions ready for the second half.

WE not YET had our crash.............i think its started now!

Mike

Our crash started at the same time as everyone else's.

Our government at the time borrowed against a huge proportion of declining future production to try to mask the fact that the crash had started in an ultimately futile attempt to cling to power.

The tide is now finally receding and the previous government are increasingly being exposed as having swum naked (to horribly mangle Warren Buffet's description).

The tide is now finally receding and the previous government are increasingly being exposed as having swum naked (to horribly mangle Warren Buffet's description).

naked for decades and decades. Lets be honest now.

naked for decades and decades. Lets be honest now.

Let's agree to disagree.

Some wore those horrible, flourescent mankini things and some were completely naked.

I am not sure which creates a worse picture in my mind : a completely naked Blair, Brown, baby Bush, Reagan and Thatcher or Major, Clinton and Chretien in a mankini.

Some like papa Bush were too far away for me to see exactly what they were wearing and I am thankful for that.

Mike

What has triggered this missive? When are the "real GDP figs" out?

Guest Steve Cook

What has triggered this missive? When are the "real GDP figs" out?

European banks are f*cked and there is no hiding it any more. They have tons of debt due for repayment, that they haven't a hope of paying. European inter-bank lending rates have shot up to 9 month highs. They daren't lend to each other as they are afraid one or more will defualt. The ECB has indicated they they will continue to be the lender of last resoort but on much more stringent terms.

The world markets don't like it

They don't like it at all...

So if there is a default (bust) now - Dave & George won't bail them out? They believe in free markets - so no bail out - is that right?

But........what happens next?

So if there is a default (bust) now - Dave & George won't bail them out? They believe in free markets - so no bail out - is that right?

But........what happens next?

soup-kitchen.jpg

It's what you asked for.

Guest Noodle

soup-kitchen.jpg

It's what you asked for.

Minestrone, French onion or a good old eastern block borscht?

soup-kitchen.jpg

It's what you asked for.

Do you think that any government policy can prevent this eventual outcome (as opposed to delaying or accelerating it by a few years)?

My view is that die was cast in the period from 1998 to 2006 during the credit bubble (which was agnostic with respect to the colour of tie worn by the people in power at the time) and that the timing of the outcome can be fiddled a but not the result.

Guest Noodle

Do you think that any government policy can prevent this eventual outcome (as opposed to delaying or accelerating it by a few years)?

My view is that die was cast in the period from 1998 to 2006 during the credit bubble (which was agnostic with respect to the colour of tie worn by the people in power at the time) and that the timing of the outcome can be fiddled a but not the result.

Is this not already happening? Do we not already have digitized soup kitchens in the form of food stamps?

I'm referring obviously to the United States of America, but it could equally apply to various forms of welfare in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of course to the Glorious People's Republic of European States.

Soup lines have been here the whole time. You just can't see them. ;)

Guest Steve Cook

Is this not already happening? Do we not already have digitized soup kitchens in the form of food stamps?

I'm referring obviously to the United States of America, but it could equally apply to various forms of welfare in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of course to the Glorious People's Republic of European States.

Soup lines have been here the whole time. You just can't see them. ;)

Excellent point Mr P

Guest Noodle

Excellent point Mr P

In fairness to LuckyOne, he does a fine job . . . he'll know what I mean. Nuff' said.

I am adept now at broiling in bulk! I shall be mother!

My view is that die was cast in the period from 1998 to 2006 during the credit LIAR LOAN BUBBLE bubble (which was agnostic with respect to the colour of tie worn by the people in power at the time) and that the timing of the outcome can be fiddled a but not the result.

:rolleyes: