House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonkers

Got A Job!

To my surprise, I got a job! It has been less than three months!

Positives:

It is freelance and not office based, I will not be 'staff' or 'employee', and will be treated with respect. In fact I think they will be cool with me working from the lido on my laptop.

No office politics.

I will keep what I earn, and will not be the bosses 'toy' to be treated like an asshole because he is bored and stupid and thinks he pays me to live out his delusions.

I can continue to run my own projects.

Negatives:

I wanted the whole summer off.

I am not ready yet and will fall to pieces if I encounter a moron.

Not earning enough commision, but that's the challenge isn't it.

It seems to me to be a step forward and more grown up to be freelance, and win or lose, a good experience. I also got the good news on my sign on day when I was informed that I would have to attend a back to work humiliation session.

Thanks to the support and wise words on here in regards to the hellhole shit factory I used to work in and CV tips.

Congratulations, may I also add one other positive and one negative: pos, no need to wait for promotion, if you want more money ,just go out there and make it! Neg: no job security whatsoever. You can (and should) do what my wife has done, draw up a contract for this job with a notice period of 3 months.

Guest happy?

Positives:

It is freelance and not office based, I will not be 'staff' or 'employee', and will be treated with respect. In fact I think they will be cool with me working from the lido on my laptop.

No office politics.

I will keep what I earn, and will not be the bosses 'toy' to be treated like an asshole because he is bored and stupid and thinks he pays me to live out his delusions.

Negatives:

It seems to me to be a step forward and more grown up to be freelance, and win or lose, a good experience. I also got the good news on my sign on day when I was informed that I would have to attend a back to work humiliation session.

Thanks to the support and wise words on here in regards to the hellhole shit factory I used to work in and CV tips.

Always good news when effort is rewarded - hope it works out for you.

Guest theboltonfury

Positives:

No office politics.

Negatives:

Nice one.

However, you will encounter a moron. So be ready.

Positives:

No office politics.

Negatives:

If your line of work includes contact with the human race then I would wager this negative point will occur within the first 20 minutes.