House Price Crash Forum

Ftse Starting Off Well...down 1.39%

FTSE All Share 2557.01 -64.72 -2.47%

Dow Jones 9915.27 -223.25 -2.20%

Big drops starting to emerge.

Europe is spooking everything

1.2157 Euro to $ tanking.

FTSE picking up a bit of downward mo--this is quite a grey day so far but I bet it bounces back toward the close spoiling another exciting day.

FTSE 100 4939.19-2.61%

FLOOD of bear news it seems:

Spain bonds slump on weak data and bank concerns

Nigel Davies, 15:01, Tuesday 29 June 2010

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish bonds were hit on Tuesday by poor retail sales data and concerns the country's banks could run into funding problems when a European Central Bank refinancing programme expires this week.

Edited by Realistbear

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FTSE All Share 2557.01 -64.72 -2.47%

Dow Jones 9915.27 -223.25 -2.20%

Big drops starting to emerge.

Europe is spooking everything

1.2157 Euro to $ tanking.

FTSE picking up a bit of downward mo--this is quite a grey day so far but I bet it bounces back toward the close spoiling another exciting day.

FTSE 100 4939.19-2.61%

FLOOD of bear news it seems:

Spain bonds slump on weak data and bank concerns

Nigel Davies, 15:01, Tuesday 29 June 2010

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish bonds were hit on Tuesday by poor retail sales data and concerns the country's banks could run into funding problems when a European Central Bank refinancing programme expires this week.

This is what most of us have been waiitng for a constant fall in teh markets reflection the way the economy has has been going, no more cash injections by the state to keep afloat UK industry.

What is interesting is that its all down, including gold which normally rises on risk aversion days.

MARKET SUMMARY

US

EUROPE

ASIA

Dow 9,942.10 -196.42 -1.94%

Nasdaq 2,161.14 -59.51 -2.68%

S&P 500 1,051.35 -23.22 -2.16%

10 Yr Bond(%) 2.9880% -0.4400

Oil 75.68 -2.57 -3.28%

Gold 1,235.20 -3.00 -0.24%

To be fair, gold isn't doing much worse than Sterling and a lot better than the Euro. It is behaving more like money today, than a commodity. This seems to be a developing trend and it will be interesting if this continues, despite the stocks and commodities falling.

Guest Steve Cook

Looks like they have given up and are letting it fall....could be a 4%'r by the end of play.

If only for a moment, it feels like the early days of 2008 all over again....:lol:

Guest Steve Cook

Only down -3% with an hour to play

I predict that most of the losses will be regained or it will fall another 1%.

I can't see it merely holding at -3%

Rally tomorrow +4% I say.

No reason for it to fall so rapidly, considering it normally takes horrifically bad news to make it fall a few percent.

Closed down -3.1%

Frankly though, no reason for it to have gone up 40% from March 2009 to March 2010 - I would expect it to drift its way down all year to 4,000 again.

Guest Steve Cook

Closed down -3.1%

Frankly though, no reason for it to have gone up 40% from March 2009 to March 2010 - I would expect it to drift its way down all year to 4,000 again.

Yep

As I was saying earlier

A rot rather than a rout

Guest Steve Cook

Just been watching channel four news. Saying the fall in the stock markets worldwide is based on fear of European banks not being able to pay their debts in a few days time. European inter-bank lending rate has hit 9 month high suggesting that they daren't lend to each other because of fears of defualt. This means they are having to go to the European Central Bank. However, the ECB has indicated that whilst it will continue to lend to them, it will only do so on a much shorter loan period.

It all sounds like an almighty f*ck up on the horizon with no solution.

Edited by Steve Cook

Guest absolutezero

Has the death cross occurred

50 day moving average crosses below the 200 day moving averages is a good indicator of hard falls ahead.

Bill Bonner

Why you should fear the Dead Cross

Chartism. Nonsense usually.

Guest absolutezero

Mother of Christ. Do we have to have daily updates on market movements?

Can give you daily updates on my bowel movements if you'd prefer?