House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mmm....beer

And We Thought That The Bbc Were In Labour's Pocket

Andrew Neil let Diane Abbott have it with both barrels on Sunday, as well.

I don't think it's that the BBC aren't in Labour's pocket: just that they're making a few gestures to dissuade the Tories from taking the radical action needed to sort the BBC out once and for all (i.e. privatise it).

By contrast, you might like to listen to Sunday's Westminster Hour. The LibDem and Labour interviewees were given the overwhelming share of the airtime to bash the budget, with the token Tory only being allowed on for a few brief and highly loaded questions. It's certainly business as usual in most parts of the BBC.

Guest X-QUORK

I've never bought into the Pravda thing. It's just part of the constant wailing of DM readers.

Guest Noodle

Selling the BBC. Is this an option?

I never had a telly in Blighty, but Radio 2 and 4 were good.

Guest UK Debt Slave

I don't think it's that the BBC aren't in Labour's pocket: just that they're making a few gestures to dissuade the Tories from taking the radical action needed to sort the BBC out once and for all (i.e. privatise it).

By contrast, you might like to listen to Sunday's Westminster Hour. The LibDem and Labour interviewees were given the overwhelming share of the airtime to bash the budget, with the token Tory only being allowed on for a few brief and highly loaded questions. It's certainly business as usual in most parts of the BBC.

Although the BBC appears to be chocker full of champagne lefties, I think you should see the BBC as the propaganda organ of 'The State' rather than a propaganda organ of the Labour party specifically.

Politicians are just doing the bidding of their global elite masters. They are all Keynesian statists anyway. Cameron knew he would be the next PM months before it actually happened but the refusal of the people to give the Tories an outright majority caused the Bilderbergers a big headache.

I've never bought into the Pravda thing. It's just part of the constant wailing of DM readers.

+1 In my experience those people who are so quick to see/cry bias usually expose their own bias.

Probably be riots in the streets if there was no more east enders. Easiest thing to do would just stop BBCs reporting into current affairs. Then the zombies can still recieve their 'quality programming' (yeah, right) without people constantly accusing spews24 of bias.

And condense everything into one channel. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED BBC3.

"lee nelsons well good show"

Is BBC 3 just there to make all the other BBCs look good?

awful awful awful

Guest happy?

God knows George Osborne needs a compliant press with a budget that partisan.

Once the BBC's finished howabout finding some spurious reason for shutting-down the The Mirror and The Gruaniad.

Partisan? Isn't it just reversing the partisanship of Brown's doleouts at the expense of future generations?

They have a representative of the Government and a representative of the Opposition, seems fair to me. Sounds deeply wrong they had a "token Tory" as well, a Coalition can't demand double the representation just because they are made up of two parties, if we move to a Germany style situation we could have eight or nine of them! Hopefully they balanced it out by having a token Independent or Green. Get over it, the Tories didn't win a majority!

Check this out on iplayer - 16 minutes in. For those of you who don't have great internet, aren't in the UK, or can't be bothered to watch it, it's a RnB rap impression of Brown claiming responsibility for the economic crisis - the person who wrote it must be a HPCer because it's everything we've been saying about him for years.

They had a look at this ...

... and didn't do as well.

One issue with not having a TV licence is I keep forgetting I don't buy the BBC anymore. They can spend whatever they like on

expenses or propping up the pension scheme and bias or bland lack of it doesn't annoy me.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/29/bbc_snap/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/06/bbc_removes_gold_plate_from_pe.html

They have a representative of the Government and a representative of the Opposition, seems fair to me. Sounds deeply wrong they had a "token Tory" as well, a Coalition can't demand double the representation just because they are made up of two parties, if we move to a Germany style situation we could have eight or nine of them! Hopefully they balanced it out by having a token Independent or Green. Get over it, the Tories didn't win a majority!

Did you read TAB's post? He said they had a LD on to BASH the budget. That LD was therefore functioning as a spokesman AGAINST the govt, not for it, so in fact you there had TWO anti-spokesmen against one pro. They should therefore have had another pro-govt. person from either Con or LD!

Guest theboltonfury

Once the BBC's finished howabout finding some spurious reason for shutting-down the The Mirror and The Gruaniad.

Political alliances aside, The Mirror is just a shockingly bad paper. It manages to stand out against some truly terrible papers.

Guest happy?

Political alliances aside, The Mirror is just a shockingly bad paper. It manages to stand out against some truly terrible papers.

It's not one I've read for a very long time - pre Maxwell to be honest. Even then apart from the likes of Pilger and Foot it never struck me as worthy of my money.

My point was those who accuse the BBC because it doesn't toe the party line as 'biased' are being disingenuous. This is the double-speak of a fascist - especially when coupled with the idea of closing-down a 'biased' BBC. This is exactly the way in which fascists work - a continuous series of false/groundless accusations repeated ad-nauseum with the intention of shifting perception without examination of the accusation.

Behind such accusations is an agenda to shut-down those who disagree with the political opinions of the proponent - this is achieved by creating an environment in which the false accusation is accepted as the norm through repetition rather than demonstrable fact and those who oppose such a viewpoint are seen as oppositional and absurd. Goebbels was a past-master at this technique.

Any reasonable person can acknowledge that someone can hold a different political position without being biased. As other have pointed-out the BBC is not pro-Labour, nor is it pro-Tory. The BBC is pro the status quo and in particular pro the Royal Family.

Guest theboltonfury

It's not one I've read for a very long time - pre Maxwell to be honest. Even then apart from the likes of Pilger and Foot it never struck me as worthy of my money.

My point was those who accuse the BBC because it doesn't toe the party line as 'biased' are being disingenuous. This is the double-speak of a fascist - especially when coupled with the idea of closing-down a 'biased' BBC. This is exactly the way in which fascists work - a continuous series of false/groundless accusations repeated ad-nauseum with the intention of shifting perception without examination of the accusation.

Behind such accusations is an agenda to shut-down those who disagree with the political opinions of the proponent - this is achieved by creating an environment in which the false accusation is accepted as the norm through repetition rather than demonstrable fact and those who oppose such a viewpoint are seen as oppositional and absurd. Goebbels was a past-master at this technique.

Any reasonable person can acknowledge that someone can hold a different political position without being biased. As other have pointed-out the BBC is not pro-Labour, nor is it pro-Tory. The BBC is pro the status quo and in particular pro the Royal Family.

I have always maintained that any argument that is pinned on quotes like 'typical Mail, Guardian etc reader' is as weak as piss. To me, it's a line people throw out when they've really got no idea how to retort.

I've too have also never really got this whole 'Pravda' thing. Some folks don't half take themselves too seriously.

Take the BBC with a pinch of salt, like anything else in life...only believe what come out of the horse's mouth. ;)

Hooray for Mr.Ed! :o

Probably be riots in the streets if there was no more east enders. Easiest thing to do would just stop BBCs reporting into current affairs. Then the zombies can still recieve their 'quality programming' (yeah, right) without people constantly accusing spews24 of bias.

And condense everything into one channel. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED BBC3.

"lee nelsons well good show"

Is BBC 3 just there to make all the other BBCs look good?

awful awful awful

Yes for Family Guy and Doctor Who repeats thats all..