House Price Crash Forum

Libdem/com In Power Will Not Last

crash2006

HOLA441

Over the past month the coalition government have been playing straight onto the hands of labour, attacking the very core of its supporters the average public from CGT to vat increase from unemployment to housing benefits.

Yet the true criminal the bankers, some politicians, property developers and the rich have all be let off, the ones that made the money are the ones that are winning again, the public will start to see through this and will most likely start to vote labour again, as it seems this coalition is hell bend on attacking the weak and poor in our society yet allowing the rich and property developers to roam free with their profits.

Do I see the cons being voted in again nope, i really think they have sealed their own death as a party, both the lib dems and cons have lied to the public in such a short period, showing their true colours, screw the public.

HOLA442

Over the past month the coalition government have been playing straight onto the hands of labour, attacking the very core of its supporters the average public from CGT to vat increase from unemployment to housing benefits.

So given the massive deficit, what would you have them do if not increase taxes and cut benefits?

Even if they took all the assets of every politician and banker in the land, it wouldn't come close to £150 billioin PER ANNUM.

HOLA443
HOLA444

So given the massive deficit, what would you have them do if not increase taxes and cut benefits?

Even if they took all the assets of every politician and banker in the land, it wouldn't come close to £150 billioin PER ANNUM.

Well they could have taper the cgt at 50% could have increased tax from banks, tax btl landlord more etc.. atleast give them their share of profit loss. Iam telling you they will not win they are barking up teh wrong tree.

HOLA445
HOLA446

as long as they keep IRs low most of the overleveraged majority will remain happy

Budget 2010: Second home owners have generous tax breaks reinstated The tax advantages on furnished holiday lets were abolished in April by the previous Government, but George Osborne announced they have been reinstated.
slap in the face.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/7847641/Budget-2010-Second-home-owners-have-generous-tax-breaks-reinstated.html

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

That's the worry. Osborne's budget is likely to put the economy into a deflationary death spiral.

Typical upper middle class thinking, bit of a cold bath doesnt hurt anyone, but if they have to dip into the water they'll alter the temp of the bath. ie they never would take their own medicine and if they did it would be for a short time and say yes its wrong i agree.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest sillybear2

You're seeing what you want to see, Labour are against the bank levy, Darling and Brown spent the best part of the campaign defending The City like good little puppets in search of directorships.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Yet the true criminal the bankers, some politicians, property developers and the rich have all be let off, the ones that made the money are the ones that are winning again, the public will start to see through this and will most likely start to vote labour again, as it seems this coalition is hell bend on attacking the weak and poor in our society yet allowing the rich and property developers to roam free with their profits.

Do I see the cons being voted in again nope, i really think they have sealed their own death as a party, both the lib dems and cons have lied to the public in such a short period, showing their true colours, screw the public.

libdems are now on 18% support and have already lost a lot of members to labour.

the reality is that while the majority (including me) support deficit reduction and the elimination of non jobs etc, thats as far as they go - they don't support lassyfare market fundamentalism and they never will.

HOLA4418

You think the county can afford to continue Mc******s pet project of buying up the votes of middle Britain with their own money?

Somebody had to grab hold of the wheel of misfortune and stop it dead.

Enough of your jibber jabber. mad.gif

well if the cuts were hittying everyone evenly then fine , but the majority seem to be hitting the poor more than the wealthy,

"Peers help themselves to £300 a day tax-free" do they really need that much? they already hold stolen land from the people.

Hundreds of peers are exploiting a loophole on expenses to give themselves a tax free income of up to £48,000 a year, The Times has found

No wonder they all want one, and more tax loop holes for their emipre.

HOLA4419

libdems are now on 18% support and have already lost a lot of members to labour.

the reality is that while the majority (including me) support deficit reduction and the elimination of non jobs etc, thats as far as they go - they don't support lassyfare market fundamentalism and they never will.

I support the deficit reduction, but they have gone back on a few bits of policies, and seem to attack the poor more, yet they arnt supporting the poor with the most basic needs housing in a productive and affordable way, ie council owned homes. the money is being siphon out of the tax payer into a relative few property magnate and old school aristocrats.

This is a all bull, just typical misdirection like a magician does to its viewers, if they want the economy to grown the cost of land will have to drop, cost of property will have to drop otherwise we can no longer compete with eastern countries.

HOLA4420

well if the cuts were hittying everyone evenly then fine , but the majority seem to be hitting the poor more than the wealthy,

"Peers help themselves to £300 a day tax-free" do they really need that much? they already hold stolen land from the people.

Why would anyone vote Labour again when they are the party that stole the wealth in the first place?

The cons were WAY too soft on CGT, should have hit MUCH harder.

HOLA4421

Why would anyone vote Labour again when they are the party that stole the wealth in the first place?

The cons were WAY too soft on CGT, should have hit MUCH harder.

people are feeling an all out assualt by the lib/con ss squad, yet they arnt doing enough to hit the well off, they take about "'The world doesn't owe us a living' if thats the case then why havent they attacked the rich?

HOLA4422

people are feeling an all out assualt by the lib/con ss squad, yet they arnt doing enough to hit the well off, they take about "'The world doesn't owe us a living' if thats the case then why havent they attacked the rich?

Indeed - it doesn't even make sense. They don't rely on the upper class vote (there ain't enough of them), and the bo11ox of "all in it together" is becoming obvious. They need to hit the rich hard. People will put up with hardship during the correction, but they need to see that the well off are hit hardest.

Personally, I'd like to see a labour victory at the next election - provided the party was led by radicals with a proper understanding of economics - but then I'd also like a citizen's wage and a pet unicorn.

HOLA4423

Whilst a 10% hike in CGT wasnt enough in my view, its an improvement on the Labour policies that got us here.

I take it you approve of this hike?

What about the £1000 raise in the personal allowance?

HOLA4424

Whilst a 10% hike in CGT wasnt enough in my view, its an improvement on the Labour policies that got us here.

I take it you approve of this hike?

What about the £1000 raise in the personal allowance?

i dont approve with the £1000 rise in PA, i wanted cgt to go back to 40%. i was reading today that off shore profits might not me taxed.

HOLA4425

Archived