House Price Crash Forum

Public Sector Pay Freeze

HOLA441

which - depending on exactly where in London this guy is teaching - makes your own estimate of 23k somewhat unlikely :)

OK, so I forgot that the OP's mate lives and works in London. Now that you mention it, that just makes everything even worse.

Edit: Did he actually mention London. DUnno, I'm going to bed.

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

From the Health Service Journal (HSJ)

George Osborne’s emergency budget last week announced a “two year freeze” for public sector pay, excluding the 1.7 million earning less than £21,000.

Assuming pay increases would otherwise be around 2 per cent a year, the freeze saves the NHS around £1.6bn over two years.

But the Department of Health has told HSJ the “freeze” will not apply to agenda for change increments. A DH spokeswoman said although each incremental step in the pay bands would be frozen, staff would still progress through their steps as usual.

That will mean a nurse at the bottom of pay band 5 on £21,176 this year will still expect to progress to the next step at £21,798 next April – increasing their pay by 2.9 per cent.

HOLA443

I thought it would be interesting to post what my local council lists in its directory so you get some scale of what we are often by law required to do.

Or:

Transport, Waste & Infrastructure

Social Services, Housing & Employment

Health & Education

Legal & Law Enforcement

Leisure & Culture

I know its less impressive, but surely that pretty much covers it?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I know a couple, one Head of Year and one Head of Department, at a local inner London Comprehensive and they are on about a total of £75K household income.

They are, however, each in their mid thirties, and went straight into their school on the Graduate Training Scheme some seven years or more ago.