House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lewis Gordon Pugh

Chemtrails - Debunk This Please

So are these commercial airliners?

Can you hide a plane taking off? The size of airbus or boeing commercial jets? In broad light. Surely you can sit confortably in the path lined to the runway of any military base at 2-3-4 miles away and watch. How many planes do you need to create the number of the "chemtrails" each day. Srely that sort of activity cannot be unnoticed.

Just thinking aloud.

Youtube videos are officially the lowest standard of evidence in the universe, scoring significantly worse than 'a mate of a mate down the pub' in tests of veracity.

a video is in principle no different to a book or a lecture. it's only a publishing medium, albeit an unmoderated one and is as good or bad as its content.

naturally, conformist individuals get nervous when presented with ideas that haven't been pre-selected for them by "suitably qualified" editors as they are then required to think for themselves, which is their greatest fear.

Guest theboltonfury

a video is in principle no different to a book or a lecture. it's only a publishing medium, albeit an unmoderated one and is as good or bad as its content.

naturally, conformist individuals get nervous when presented with ideas that haven't been pre-selected for them by "suitably qualified" editors as they are then required to think for themselves, which is their greatest fear.

'Thinking for ourselves' - our greatest fear? Did you read that on the back of a cereal box?

Ok Plato, since you're clearly in the inner circle, what's your view?

'Thinking for ourselves' - our greatest fear? Did you read that on the back of a cereal box?

Ok Plato, since you're clearly in the inner circle, what's your view?

my instinct is that chemtrails are a lot of paranoid tosh and the youtube videos i've seen haven't convinced me otherwise.

i think if the authorities wanted to drug us, it would be easier, cheaper and less conspicuous to adulterate our water supply.

Either there's a vast international conspiracy by men with black helicopters to poison and subdue the populace, or planes produce condensation trails whilst going about their business. You decide folks, but Occam's razor may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjt2hsv1aLw&feature=player_embedded

Be interested to get opinions on this video.

:)

AFAIK, planes leave contrails above a certain height (or really below a certain ambient air temperature). Therefore, trails will start when the plane ascends high enough, and trails will stop when they descend low enough.

Assuming I'm correct, what more needs to be said?

EDIT: Added the words 'ambient air' above.

next time you see a plane in the sky with a 'chemtrail' use this website to find what the plane is! The planes in the sky have transponders on that tell you what they are, where they are flying to and from:

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

What's the fkin point spraying the ground, totally pointless, its like spilling oil into an ocean, there is so much air you will never spill enough to make a big enough difference, its a relative drop in an ocean, what would be the point, you would need thousands of planes and hundreds of thousands of people involved in an industry that delivers it, and thousands of photos on facebook, your neighbour would be involved in the project and know about it what would be the point, why would your neihbour still live there, oh and and why are the elite immune/still live in London/earth? Add to that that all planes leave trails, its water/clouds forming from wingtips/changing temperatures in engines. Modern aerospace knows about the problems and they even design planes with winglets to minimise the effects on the wing tips! But you cant change physics, your always going to have this when going though different atmospheric conditions..

No, written arguments are generally better - or more to the point, easier to evaluate, if only because you can pick through the claims at leisure and examine the references (if any) or have a good go at looking them up. Applied skepticism, if you like.

Wheras a video can make a large number of explicit and implicit claims in a short period which are very difficult to examine.

Of course. If I don't believe everything you say it's because I'm not open minded enough?

next time you see a plane in the sky with a 'chemtrail' use this website to find what the plane is! The planes in the sky have transponders on that tell you what they are, where they are flying to and from:

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

Too many planes! My computer's having considerable difficulty coping with that page.

Too many planes! My computer's having considerable difficulty coping with that page.

really? 1% CPU here, try using chrome instead, failing that get a faster pc! :P

Guest X-QUORK

Chemtrails don't exist, but contrails do.

One question for the conspiracy loons:

"Mysterious" contrails have been around since the 1940s when jet aircraft were first used. By your thinking, the Lizardmen have been poisoning us for nearly 70 years without anyone breaking the silence or, more importantly, any noticable effects. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

really?  1% CPU here, try using chrome instead, failing that get a faster pc! :P

Good point: Chrome copes a lot better than Firefox, and it's fine once you get zoomed in so there's only a few planes visible. It is an ancient machine though.

Chemtrails are probably bogus..

However the governments of the world have a bad record for experimenting on their own people. Porton Down for instance tested chemical weapons against its own soldiers. They denied this for decades.

There are many instances of this such as the PU tests where it was introduced into the food and water supplies of people just to see what would happen....

The question you have to ask yourself is.... what's changed? As Injin says we still have an overbearing despot government which retains power through the use of arms and advanced propaganda.

If government tested weapons and chemicals on civilians in the past, and we still have the exact same governments in power. Why is anybody ascerting that this government is any different?

In war it is more overt, for instance Japan tested Anthrax on Chinese civilians you can still travel to villages where people were affected by the spores. You can go to vietnam and see people affected by agent orange.

Chemtrails don't exist, but contrails do.

One question for the conspiracy loons:

"Mysterious" contrails have been around since the 1940s when jet aircraft were first used. By your thinking, the Lizardmen have been poisoning us for nearly 70 years without anyone breaking the silence or, more importantly, any noticable effects. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

I have no idea if Chemtrails exist. If they do they seem like the most ridiculous way possible to try and achieve anything with chemicals, it would be the equivalent of homeopathy in the sky (sorry to any homeopathy advocates). Far better if they were to use flu, mmr jabs etc.

However, contrails are entirely anticipated and aligned with known laws of science. Could be the perfect cover, but as it would be the sh!ttest way of doing something with chemicals, probably not.

The government doesn't spend all its time living in a bunker. They'd be affecting themselves. It's such a ridiculous idea from any point of view, as is true for just about every conspiracy theory. Quite why some people are so keen to believe the ridiculous and dismiss the more obvious explanation without a good deal of hard evidence is beyond me. Such people appear to think that the government can organise all these massive projects in almost complete secrecy, but when it comes to getting any large project done in the public view they inevitably make a complete and utter mess of it.

Guest Skinty

AFAIK, planes leave contrails above a certain height (or really below a certain ambient air temperature). Therefore, trails will start when the plane ascends high enough, and trails will stop when they descend low enough.

Assuming I'm correct, what more needs to be said?

EDIT: Added the words 'ambient air' above.

Just to add a useful term and further explanation. The warmer air is the more moisture it can hold, i.e the more humid it is, and vice versa, the colder it is the less moisture it can hold.

What we're seeing here is the Dew point.

It's the point where water condenses out of the air because the air is too cold to hold that much moisture content. So a thermal will carry warm air upwards. The warmer the air the more moisture it can hold. Air gets colder the higher up you go (forgetting about inversions for the moment). Thermals reach a point where the air becomes too cold and the moisture condenses out to form fluffy clouds.

This condensing heats up the air locally and so the thermal continues for a little bit longer upwards, condensing out again and making the cloud billow. But without being fed by any more thermals the process runs out of energy. If the day is completely unstable and it continues enough you can end up with big cummulo nimbus clouds that give rise to thunderstorms. These clouds extend upwards even further to the point where they become anvil clouds as they hit the bottom of the stratosphere.

The dew point at any altitude can also change over time. So if you're up a mountain in the evening and the temperature is dropping you may find that all the moisture in the air starts to condense out and you're in cloud. Or if it's been threatening to rain all day it may wait until the temperature drops in the evening. Or if air is pushed up over a mountain, then it becomes much colder and can fall as rain on the other side of it.

Guest X-QUORK

However the governments of the world have a bad record for experimenting on their own people. Porton Down for instance tested chemical weapons against its own soldiers. They denied this for decades.

There's a lot of guff talked about Porton Down. Ask anyone who served in the Forces in the 80s and they'll confirm that there were regular requests for volunteers to go to PD for a couple of weeks of being tested on. Most of the stuff was fairly benign AFAIK, all the horrible stuff happened back in the 1950s.

There's a lot of guff talked about Porton Down. Ask anyone who served in the Forces in the 80s and they'll confirm that there were regular requests for volunteers to go to PD for a couple of weeks of being tested on. Most of the stuff was fairly benign AFAIK, all the horrible stuff happened back in the 1950s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_experimentation_in_the_United_States#Radioactive_iodine_experiments

Some pretty horrible stuff listed there though and if this is the stuff they will admit to what is the stuff they WON'T admit to?

The government doesn't spend all its time living in a bunker. They'd be affecting themselves. It's such a ridiculous idea from any point of view, as is true for just about every conspiracy theory. Quite why some people are so keen to believe the ridiculous and dismiss the more obvious explanation without a good deal of hard evidence is beyond me. Such people appear to think that the government can organise all these massive projects in almost complete secrecy, but when it comes to getting any large project done in the public view they inevitably make a complete and utter mess of it.

Ironically, the situation would be absolutely perrrrrrrrrrfect if someone was executing a genuine conspiracy.

For example, I have no particular theories about it, but I think there are a lot of, lets say... peculiar ...things about the official explanation of 9/11 and a few other things (the central banking system etc).

However, because there are endless and often absurd theories about pretty much anything, most people will just lump everything in to a bin in their brain labelled 'conspiracy theory' which translates as 'bo11ocks'.

I have seen this first hand - when I explain to some of my friends how 'money' is created, they simply write me of as a conspiracy theorist, no matter how much I tell them it isn't an opinion it is fact, they can read about it on the BoE website or FR website, they just shake their heads and smirk.

POD PEOPLE!!!!!

would the manhattan project have been successful if it were undertaken in full public view?