House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newaccount99

Maureen

I've recently been amusing myself in

Channel4 forum

I'm a regular vistor to SingingPig and TMF and only recently been drawn to C4 forum....it's quite different from the other two. Gives me the impression that the average poster is: Called Maureen, regular watcher of property shows and is considering leting rip in their middle age by investing in spain.

I dont watch kirsty allsop however your article is saying prices down 6k in 14 month - A big wow , it costs more than 6k in 14 month rent for all those renters! so sorry in my opinion buying is better , renting is paying off someone elses mortgage for them.

Yes auntie Maureen, renting is dead money, paying off the landlords mortgage and cash down the drain.....I'm mearly a youngster who doesn't understand that property only goes up.

Channel4 forum

I'm a regular vistor to SingingPig and TMF and only recently been drawn to C4 forum....it's quite different from the other two. Gives me the impression that the average poster is: Called Maureen, regular watcher of property shows and is considering leting rip in their middle age by investing in spain.

Yes auntie Maureen, renting is dead money, paying off the landlords mortgage and cash down the drain.....I'm mearly a youngster who doesn't understand that property only goes up.

:lol:

Why waste your time, dont get to 'into' it you will be banned before you know it especially if your provoking the yocals by suggesting prices can fall.

...the average poster is: Called Maureen, regular watcher of property shows and is considering leting rip in their middle age by investing in spain.

...And constantly bleats: Why won't someone buy my house! It's so lovely! We've decorated and everything! We've had 100 viewings - and they were all timewasters! We are very competitively priced - our EA say's so, and he's an expert! Oh why, oh why, oh why. Any suggestions? - and DON'T SAY LOWER THE PRICE! THE PRICE IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Nomadd :D

just checked the thread and amazed it'sstill there - there are multiple posts by multiple posters saying prices are falling and they haven't deleted it - someone's even talking about C4 presenters having vested interests!

Tee hee yes, i'm wondering how long I will be allowed on there personally. I've kept it well toned down tho so if Ido get kicked off it will show just how censored it is.

Heh. I did sign up to the C4 forum, but once I took a look at the censoring, just decided it wasn't worth it.

"pixiecatherin" is so typical of the sheeple mentality that it's like banging your head against a brick wall reading her posts.

"renting is dead money" etc. What happens if I rent a house for £10/pcm? Is that still dead money? Of course not, so@ At what point does rentingbecome dead money?

It is clear that none of the sheeple can know answer, because they haven't yet understood the question.

Tee hee yes, i'm wondering how long I will be allowed on there personally. I've kept it well toned down tho so if Ido get kicked off it will show just how censored it is.

i don't think 'pixiecatherine' understood your calculations! - i would say she is in denial but i just get the feeling she is too stupid

just checked the thread and amazed it'sstill there - there are multiple posts by multiple posters saying prices are falling and they haven't deleted it - someone's even talking about C4 presenters having vested interests!

Maybe the mods are thin on the ground with it being bank holiday weekend.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Some choice pieces of idiocy:

Thanks for your advice about buying two. I probably will. In Blarney Festeriniog. And I will be laughing in 5 years when they have gone up by 79.4% while you are probably still renting.
The fact is Ive read in the papers a lot recently about how interest rates used to be sky high so that some owners couldnt pay their mortgages and ended up losing their houses. It certainly didnt say in those articles that prices had crashed just that they stalled or went down a bit because of inflation before starting to go up again.

Perhaps some of you remember clearly what happened 15 years ago but I was still at school so have to rely on what I read in the papers and see on TV.

DbyD. Thanks for pointing out some of the drawbacks with sipps. I wasn't really aware how it was supposed to work but I suppose it has its limitations
I think I must have got a bit carried away after watching Kirsty and Phils programme last week where they were predicting upto 80% house price rises over the next 5 years. Theyre always on the telly on property shows and I thought they knew what they were talking about when it comes to houses.

Best laugh all week! :lol:

With utter stupidity of this kind on public display, the events of the last 5 years in the housing market suddenly make total and perfect sense.

Time for a little economic neo-darwinism to weed out the unfit!

Well I don't know how long I'll last, but in for a penny.............

Originally posted by Portent:

Could I politely suggest to the C4 schedule makers that the 10 best/10 worst be replaced by more "revisited" series on this years Property Ladder. A lot of them stayed on the market for months after the programme aired and I'd love to know what happened to them in the end.

Yes I would really like a catch-up on how Alexia is doing with her mouseholding in Lincon.

This was the episode where Phil recomended to a single young woman that the best way on to the property ladder (she lived in London and missed the boom as she went traveling) was to buy a student BTL in Lincon prior to selling it at a profit for a home in the city.

Looking at the hometrack monthly reports:

Weighted Overall Average Price for Lincon:

Hometrack July '04

£104,300

against

Hometrack July '05

£100,900

Hmmm looks like a 4% drop to me - perhapes she made a killing from the students monthly "down the drain" rental payments by getting them "to pay off her mortgage"???

And here's the details...would love an update:

Meanwhile, Phil is in London helping city girl Alexia find a property. Problem is, her budget is just £90,000. Phil tackles the problem head on; instead of looking for a home in London, he searches for an investment property away from the capital's inflated prices. He picks Lincoln, a city with a booming market and great letting potential. But will Alexia overcome her phobia of student rentals in time to bag a prime property?

L*3 episode

This looks like an interesting link:

BBC: Lincoln

Student landlords feel the pitch

Landlords in Lincoln have said they may be forced to sell their properties because of new university flats.

The warning comes as more than 600 student flats remain unoccupied - three days in to the of the academic year.

Estate agents say they have seen a drop in interest involving houses which would previously have been bought for students to rent.

And here's the details...would love an update:

Meanwhile, Phil is in London helping city girl Alexia find a property. Problem is, her budget is just £90,000. Phil tackles the problem head on; instead of looking for a home in London, he searches for an investment property away from the capital's inflated prices. He picks Lincoln, a city with a booming market and great letting potential. But will Alexia overcome her phobia of student rentals in time to bag a prime property?

L*3 episode

This looks like an interesting link:

BBC: Lincoln

Student landlords feel the pitch

Landlords in Lincoln have said they may be forced to sell their properties because of new university flats.

The warning comes as more than 600 student flats remain unoccupied - three days in to the of the academic year.

Estate agents say they have seen a drop in interest involving houses which would previously have been bought for students to rent.

in between pmsl, i do think we need to find a way to bring C4 and krusty to account - i wonder if the london / lincoln bird can sue them for cr*p advice?

Channel4 forum

Does she still have her driving license? Or has it been revoked for driving through the village at 70mph to fill up on cake?