House Price Crash Forum

Personal Achievements

deadman

HOLA441

Previous to Friday gone, I'd only ever gone two days without sleep.

However, on said day I:

1. Went 28 hours without food.

2. Went 28 hours without water.

3. Held a wee in for 7 hours.

I'm a bit proud of myself, especially ©.

Anyone else?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest X-QUORK

Stopped a helicopter from taking off when I discovered a potentially fatal ****-up during start checks. It was deemed that had I just done the required checks rather than my own more thorough routine the problem wouldn't have been spotted. It helped that the guy about to take off in the aircraft was our CO, so I got promoted not long after.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury

Gold Lifesaving badge (1983)

Thrown 180s. Many times. The first time was up there with the arrival of my son.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Noodle

Worked 126 hours straight through on a statutory proof of performance trial burn, new thermal desorption plant, whilst running the rest of the technical on the whole site including one night loading the plant with a loading shovel as the driver never turned in.

No sleep at all for the whole period.

HOLA4411
Guest X-QUORK

No sleep at all for the whole period.

Madness. In fact, people can be permanently damaged by long periods without sleep, it's not good.

I tend to hear auditory hallucinations after 48 hours or more without sleep, a most bizarre experience.

HOLA4412
Guest Noodle

Madness. In fact, people can be permanently damaged by long periods without sleep, it's not good.

I tend to hear auditory hallucinations after 48 hours or more without sleep, a most bizarre experience.

Done many times this sort of thing, especially on tanker spills in the early days.

Those kunts shafted me for the money too. I hate the people in that business, real horrible feckers.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest X-QUORK

I got out of bed this morning, which was quite difficult as it's so comfy.

Simon Weston should hang his head in shame at the mere hushed whisper of your name.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Noodle

Surviving this far, to be honest (this isn't appreciable out of context, admittedly).

You've done very well, even if you sometimes question that. Good lad!

HOLA4421

Stopped a helicopter from taking off when I discovered a potentially fatal ****-up during start checks. It was deemed that had I just done the required checks rather than my own more thorough routine the problem wouldn't have been spotted. It helped that the guy about to take off in the aircraft was our CO, so I got promoted not long after.

Noticed a fluctuation during pre-flight checks that turned out to be a bearing breaking up that would have caused a tail rotor failure, probably in the climb out :(. Snagged the aircraft, got called a "big wuss", engineer came in white faced carrying the sorry looking bearing and told the gathered pilots that if any of them had taken off with that bearing they probably would not have returned. Banner vindicated :lol:.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest Noodle

Not really, I'm still a basket case. It'll be time for the dole soon now that the academic year is over..

Not a lot of fun, but you're a Sherman tank of a bloke so don't worry, nothing really bothers you.

HOLA4424
Guest X-QUORK

Noticed a fluctuation during pre-flight checks that turned out to be a bearing breaking up that would have caused a tail rotor failure, probably in the climb out :(. Snagged the aircraft, got called a "big wuss", engineer came in white faced carrying the sorry looking bearing and told the gathered pilots that if any of them had taken off with that bearing they probably would not have returned. Banner vindicated :lol:.

Good man. A few people I've shared hangovers with are no longer here due to tail rotor failures.

HOLA4425

Not a lot of fun, but you're a Sherman tank of a bloke so don't worry, nothing really bothers you.

Maybe when I get to helping people in the charity I work for, it could go up as a legitimate achievement on this thread...

Archived