House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Nhs Chiefs Advertise For 'cost-Cutting' Adviser... At £1000 A Day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290319/Broomfield-Hospital-Chelmsford-seeks-cost-cutting-advisor--1000-day.html

A hospital is advertising for a £1000-a-day 'cost-cutting' advisor to help decide which jobs to axe.

The so-called 'turn-around' director will earn twice as much as the Prime Minister to oversee 'efficiency and cost saving measures'

Details of the lucrative salary come as the NHS is being forced to slash its budget with frontline staff at risk.

Campaigners warn that hundreds of doctors and nurses are already facing redundancy - despite the Government's pledge to ring-fence the health service from spending cuts.

The advert for the £1,000 a day post was placed by Mid Essex Hospital NHS trust and circulated amongst head-hunting agencies last week.

It reads: 'In light of the pressures the NHS are facing, our client requires a turnaround director with a strong financial background to lead on a number of efficiency and cost-saving measures.'

The director will be based at the Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, and will work for at least six months earning the equivalent of £261,000 a year.

Nice work if you can get it.

Good to see consultancy work isn't dead.

Please let me do it , and to prove that i can cut cost's i will do it for £500 a day , there that shows i can cut cost first cost i have seen and have reduced it by 50% in one minute flat.

What a load of sloblocks. Twice as much as the primeminister. I wish he were a contractor and only had the job for six months. I suppose in a coalition maybe he does?

It would be even more ironic if they hired this consultant and the first thing they did was finger the hirer as wasteful and get them sacked :P

Ahh, MEHT. My favourite trust.

They only fired their last turnaround guy a couple of months ago so they must need one to finish his fine work. After all, the other consultant had only been busily turning-it-around for over 6 years so it must have been a big job.

As a contractor, he will spend three months looking at the hospital and the next three months looking for his next job.

In between he will make a few proposals to really b****r up the place. :unsure:

As a contractor, he will spend three months looking at the hospital and the next three months looking for his next job.

In between he will make a few proposals to really b****r up the place. :unsure:

Its a perfect job. Get rid of anyone with an ounce of common sense (not many) and then when you leave, the fools won't be any the wiser that you didn't do anything useful. In fact you may even get another contract.

They dont get it, you look at the most expensive cost (management/consultants) and spend 25% less on it by paying less.

Edited by AteMoose

Please let me do it , and to prove that i can cut cost's i will do it for £500 a day , there that shows i can cut cost first cost i have seen and have reduced it by 50% in one minute flat.

It should be done for a one off fee being a small percentage of the savings made over one year. Eg save us £3m pa and we'll pay you £30k. That way, no savings; no pay.

It could be done too. But it would involve an overhaul of admin, redundancies, then union trouble and.......oh god, i'll take the salary. Yes I'm offering £350 a day. Anyone going to undercut me?

It should be done for a one off fee being a small percentage of the savings made over one year. Eg save us £3m pa and we'll pay you £30k. That way, no savings; no pay.

It could be done too. But it would involve an overhaul of admin, redundancies, then union trouble and.......oh god, i'll take the salary. Yes I'm offering £350 a day. Anyone going to undercut me?

Well yes on second thoughts i will undercut you , I first quoted £500 a day and at the time that was my final offer.

However just looked on the total jobs website and saw a night shift job in a food factory. 2100 hrs - 0700 hours For the grand sum of £6.03 per hour.

So im willing to go down to £299.99 per day.

It would be even more ironic if they hired this consultant and the first thing they did was finger the hirer as wasteful and get them sacked :P

:lol:

Nice work if you can get it.

St Hellier's had one of these - I think their major contribution was to suggest removing every other light-bulb in the corridors...

St Hellier's had one of these - I think their major contribution was to suggest removing every other light-bulb in the corridors...

Genius.

I could easily do that. Looks like I'm a management consultant.

Whilst £1000 a day isn't huge for a consultancy rate, I've typically seen £1500-2200 for company work, it probably is at the higher end for a singleton consultant and actually for public sector these days most consultants are probably between £700 and £900.

It does beg the question as to why the management need to hire a consultant to do their job? Surely the first cost saving is therefore obvious.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

Genius.

I could easily do that. Looks like I'm a management consultant.

It's not that easy. You have to be able to keep a straight face. And also actually *believe* that you are entitled to the cash because you are worth it, and that you are doing something useful.

It does beg the question as to why the management need to hire a consultant to do their job?  Surely the first cost saving is therefore obvious.

Because the management went to the same public school at the consultant? And would like a nice consultancy position when they get turfed out..